Poison and Toxin
When exposed to either Poison or Toxin, a build-up bar will appear at the middle of the screen.
- The size of the bar is decided by the current amount of resistance.
- If the exposure stops, the bar will slowly decrease.
- The bar will continue to fill with repeated exposure.
- The ailment will take effect when the bar is full.
- Build-up can also be treated in the same ways as ailments are cured.
Once poisoned or intoxicated, health will be lost at a steadily pace, the concerned bar will slowly decrease and can not be refilled until it's fully emptied.
- Different sources of infection will have varying potency.
- Poison has a duration of 180 seconds (3 minutes) if untreated.
- Toxic has a duration of 600 seconds (10 minutes) if untreated.
- Toxic duration when infected by blowdart snipers is only 180 seconds (3 minutes).
- Both effects cut healing from Miracles and Estus Flasks in half, Divine Blessing, Humanity and Ring of the Evil Eye are not affected.
Weapons and Spells causing Poison:
Creatures and environments causing Poison:
Weapons and Spells causing Toxins:
Creatures, spells and environments causing Toxins:
- Poison and toxin don't stop at the last moment, if it can kill you, it will.
- Poison is more of a problem with low vitality characters. Just keep an eye on your health meter, and drink up when it starts getting low if you don't have a cure.
- Poison be flat-out ignored with the Spider Shield and Shadow Set.
- Poison and Toxin mostly share the same resistance, but they each have their own bar to be filled.
- You can be poisoned and toxic at the same time.
- Having more poison/toxin resistance allows to take more hits before the effect kicks in as well as very slightly reducing damage taken by said effects.
- Poison and toxin resistance is upgraded by the resistance stat, Poisonbite Ring, most armor pieces and some weapons.