The Undead treasure these dull green flasks.
Estus Flask is a Consumable in Dark Souls.
Estus Flask Usage
Reusable item that replenishes health. Gather Est at bonfires for HP recovery in the field.
- Resting at a bonfire will recover the number of times you can drink from the flask, up to the limit of that particular fire.
- The starting number of uses you recover from any normal bonfire is five.
- Using the "Kindle" command at a fire, and thus spending one Humanity point, will increase the amount to 10 for that particular fire.
- The Bonfires with a Fire Keeper present is kindled by default, providing 10 flasks.
- After acquiring the Rite of Kindling the bonfires can be kindled again for a total of 15 uses, and a third time for a maximum amount of 20.
- Resting while having more charges left in your bottle than a particular fire can provide will not reduce the current amount.
- Drinking from the flask will also heal summoned co-op players. This does not apply to summoned NPCs.
- Other online players Kindling their bonfires in the same area can cause an orange "soul" to be absorbed, granting you an extra estus flask.
- If you have 20 full charges in your bottle already, the number of charges will not increase further.
Estus Flask Upgrade
The Estus Flask can be upgraded with a Fire Keeper Soul, up to +7, to replenish more HP with each charge.
- To upgrade it, give Fire Keeper Souls to one of the three known Fire Keepers: Anastacia, the mute girl below Firelink Shrine, The Fair Lady, who resides in Quelagg's Domain, beyond the boss room, and behind an illusionary wall, and the Darkmoon Knightess, leaning against a wall in the room containing the first bonfire in Anor Londo.
| Bloodred Moss Clump | | Charcoal Pine Resin | | Divine Blessing | | Egg Vermifuge | | Elizabeth's Mushroom | | Fire Keeper Soul | | Green Blossom | | Homeward Bone | | Humanity(Consumable) | | Prism Stone | | Purging Stone | | Purple Moss Clump | | Repair Powder | | Rotten Pine Resin | | Transient Curse | | Twin Humanities |