Fire Keeper Soul
"Soul of a long-lost Fire Keeper.
Fire Keeper Soul is a Consumble in Dark Souls.
Fire Keeper Soul Usage
This soul is used to reinforce Estus Flasks, to increase its healing powers.
- Give the Fire Keeper Soul to one of the three Fire Keepers: Anastacia of Astora, the mute girl in the cell below Firelink Shrine. The Fair Lady, the Chaos Servant leader in Quelaag's Domain. Or the brass armored Fire Keeper at the main bonfire in Anor Londo.
Fire Keeper Soul Consume
- When consumed, the Fire Keeper Soul will grant the user with 5 units of Humanity, and restore full health. Consuming is not recommended because of its limited benefits, while upgrading flasks provides permanent benefits.
Fire Keeper Soul Locations
- One is located in Undead Parish. It is on an altar in the Undead Church (2nd section of Undead Parish), guarded by a Berenike Knight.
- One is located in New Londo Ruins. It can be seen on the right hand when crossing the narrow wooden walkway. Three ghosts will spawn when getting near.
- One is located in Blighttown. In a wastewater pit, about halfway down from the Valley of Drakes entrance, guarded by fire-dogs and poisonous dart shooters.
- One is located in the Dukes' Archives. At the bottom of the prison tower, behind the octopus-headed monsters. Need the Archive Tower Giant Cell Key that is acquired later in the level, do not confuse this with the Archive Tower Giant Door Key.
- One is obtained after killing Quelaag's Sister. Please note that you won't be able to join the Chaos Servant covenant or use the bonfire in front of her anymore (with the exclusion of being able to warp to, but not from, that location).
- One is obtained after killing the Darkmoon Knightess fire keeper in Anor Londo. If you decide to kill her for her soul, her bonfire will no longer be lit but you may still warp there using the Lordvessel.
- One can be obtained if you allow Knight Lautrec kill Anastacia of Astora, then later kill Knight Lautrec in Anor Londo using the Black Eye Orb that was found at Anastacia's dead body (Under Firelink Shrine bonfire.) This can be used to upgrade your flask but it may also be a viable option to return the soul to the Anastacia's cell under the bonfire.
- Only one of each Fire Keeper Soul can be carried at a time, but one can also be stored in the Bottomless Box, making it possible to have a total of 14.
- The Duke's Archives Fire Keeper Soul can be completely unobtainable if you take the shortcut to avoid the first Seath encounter. Even if it's possible to reach the prison's area, it's not possible to reach the place where all the pisacas are. A giant gate is locked and can't be opened : this gate seems to open when the snake activates music for the first time. However, by using the shortcut, the snake is dead when you reach the prison, so he can't activate it. Activating manually doesn't open the gate, nor does resting / warping / reloading the game, so you must wait next NG to get this Soul.
"Soul of a long-lost Fire Keeper.
Each Fire Keeper is a corporeal manifestation of her bonfire, and a draw for the humanity which is offered to her. Her soul is gnawed by infinite humanity, and can boost the power of the precious Estus Flask. Reinforced Estus Flasks capture denser Estus, allowing for increased restoration of HP."
"Soul of the Ash Maiden, Fire Keeper of Firelink Shrine.
A Fire Keeper's soul is a draw for humanity, and held within their bosoms, below just a thin layer of skin, are swarms of humanity that writhe and squirm. Was the Ash Maiden locked in this dark prison for some transgression, or by her own will?"
"Soul of the Darkmoon Knightess, Fire Keeper of Anor Londo.
A Fire Keeper's soul is a draw for humanity, and held within their bosoms, below just a thin layer of skin, are swarms of humanity that writhe and squirm. Her brass armor serves to disguise this ghastly form."
"Soul of a Daughter of Chaos, Fire Keeper of Quelaag's Domain.
A Fire Keeper's soul is a draw for humanity, and held within their bosoms, below just a thin layer of skin, are swarms of humanity that writhe and squirm. To her, the countless eggs which appeared were cradles for each tiny humanity."