Fire Keeper Soul
"Soul of a long-lost Fire Keeper.
Fire Keeper Soul is a Consumble in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
Fire Keeper Soul Usage
- This soul is used to reinforce Estus Flasks, to increase its healing powers.
- To improve your Estus Flasks give the Fire Keeper Soul to one of the three Fire Keepers: Anastacia of Astora, the mute girl in the cell below Firelink Shrine, the Daughter of Chaos (Chaos Servant leader in Quelaag's Domain) or the Darkmoon Knightess, the brass armored Fire Keeper in Anor Londo.
- IMPORTANT: If you wish to revive Anastacia of Astora, do NOT use or consume her soul! Only her own soul, obtained by invading and defeating Knight Lautrec, can be used to bring her back to life. To avoid confusion, go straight back to Firelink and revive her as soon as you obtain this item.
Fire Keeper Soul Consumption
- When consumed, the Fire Keeper Soul will grant the user with 5 units of Humanity, and restore full health. Consuming is not recommended because of its limited benefits, while upgrading flasks provides permanent benefits.
Fire Keeper Soul Locations
- One is located in Undead Parish. It is on an altar in the Undead Church (2nd section of Undead Parish), guarded by a Berenike Knight.
- One is located in New Londo Ruins. It can be seen on the right hand when crossing the narrow wooden walkway. Three ghosts will spawn when getting near.
- One is located in Blighttown. In a wastewater pit, about halfway down from the Valley of Drakes entrance, guarded by fire-dogs and toxic dart shooters.
- One is located in the Duke's Archives. At the bottom of the prison tower, behind the pisaca. You need the Archive Tower Giant Cell Key that is acquired later in the level to access it (don't confuse this with the Archive Tower Giant Door Key).
- One is obtained after killing Quelaag's Sister. Please note that you won't be able to join the Chaos Servant covenant or use the bonfire in front of her anymore (with the exclusion of being able to warp to, but not from, that location).
- One is obtained after killing the Darkmoon Knightess fire keeper in Anor Londo. If you decide to kill her for her soul, her bonfire will no longer be lit but you may still warp there using the Lordvessel.
- One can be obtained if you allow Knight Lautrec kill Anastacia of Astora, then later kill Knight Lautrec in Anor Londo using the Black Eye Orb that was found at Anastacia's dead body (under the Firelink Shrine bonfire.) This can be used to upgrade your flask but it may also be a viable option to return the soul to the Anastacia's cell under the bonfire.
- Video Location Timestamp 5:12
- Video Location Timestamp 15:55
- Video Location Timestamp 28:32
- Video Location Timestamp 1:54
- Only one of each Fire Keeper Soul can be carried at a time, but one can also be stored in the Bottomless Box, making it possible to have a total of 14.
- The Duke's Archives Fire Keeper Soul can be completely unobtainable if you take the shortcut to avoid the first Seath encounter. Even if it's possible to reach the prison's area, it's not possible to reach the place where all the pisacas are. A giant gate is locked and can't be opened : this gate seems to open when the snake activates music for the first time. However, by using the shortcut, the snake is dead when you reach the prison, so he can't activate it. Activating manually doesn't open the gate, nor does resting / warping / reloading the game, so you must wait next NG to get this Soul.
Fire Keeper Soul Descriptions
"Soul of a long-lost Fire Keeper.
Each Fire Keeper is a corporeal manifestation of her bonfire, and a draw for the humanity which is offered to her. Her soul is gnawed by infinite humanity, and can boost the power of the precious Estus Flask. Reinforced Estus Flasks capture denser Estus, allowing for increased restoration of HP."
"Soul of the Ash Maiden, Fire Keeper of Firelink Shrine.
A Fire Keeper's soul is a draw for humanity, and held within their bosoms, below just a thin layer of skin, are swarms of humanity that writhe and squirm. Was the Ash Maiden locked in this dark prison for some transgression, or by her own will?"
"Soul of the Darkmoon Knightess, Fire Keeper of Anor Londo.
A Fire Keeper's soul is a draw for humanity, and held within their bosoms, below just a thin layer of skin, are swarms of humanity that writhe and squirm. Her brass armor serves to disguise this ghastly form."
"Soul of a Daughter of Chaos, Fire Keeper of Quelaag's Domain.
A Fire Keeper's soul is a draw for humanity, and held within their bosoms, below just a thin layer of skin, are swarms of humanity that writhe and squirm. To her, the countless eggs which appeared were cradles for each tiny humanity."
my dumbass didnt know you have to give them to a firekeeper and used them
why the **** are these consumable
Number of maidens who have rewarded the whiteknights with sex: 0
Platinum Über Omega Ultra perfect epic super mega legendary truth and facts of steel on a bicycle and a cookie. Anon 12 saying that Anon 11 is saying that anon 10 is saying that anon 9 is saying that Anon 8 ruined the chain of Anon 7 saying that Anon 6 is saying that Anon 5 is saying that Anon 4 is saying that Anon 3 is saying that Anon 2 is saying that Anon 1 is saying simpley cringe and nothing more than that is cringe in it of it self
You fiIthy hollow killed them for their souls, didnt you? Just to get a little more flavour in your fugging estus? You poor fool. What do you think separates a hollow from a human?
“Oh a soul! Let me just consume this real quick…..” -my dumbass on my first playthrough
I let Lautrec kill her, and got her Firekeeper soul. Killed all firekeepers to get their souls. Got to Duke archives and got the one in Logan's room. Picked up the one in New Londo, Blighttown and Undead Perish. Still ended up at +6 flasks, how is this possible?
"One can be obtained if you allow Knight Lautrec kill Anastacia of Astora" ..how is this wiki this old and no one has noticed this obvious grammatical error? First time reading this page and noticed it instantly.
Man, imagine if this wiki showed the "consumption" part at the top instead of the "use". Since..."use" in-game is consuming.
So I grabbed the Fire Keeper Soul from Undead Parish and ran around with it for a while before actually reading it and seeing it was the Estus upgrade item. So I used it after reading it without knowing I had to go somewhere special. So uh, oops.
I went to firekeepers jail after obtained the soul, then the game didn't give any option about it. And i consumed. Seriously, why should i go to the shrine?? Why should i renew all my enemies without a reason?? I just restarted the game, thank you Dark Souls.
i love coming back here to see the pickle rick comment
So wait... if you wanna get your estus maxed out you need to become a murderer, to the innocent just to max it out?
If that is the case it's not worth it for me. I'm not a psychopath that just likes to get stronger by Slaughter the only Innocent people around me.
I am trying to help them not to become a monster that is close to resemble the mindless hollows all around the land, attacking anything they see that isn't hollow.
I go rather ng+ and get the souls again than to become a monster to make myself maxed out of estus.
I only killed the basterd that killed the firekeeper in firelink shrine, just so i can revive her again.
Is there literally no other fire keeper souls in the land to get without having to become a murderer to the innocent?
cant believe max in ng0 is +6, kinda odd considering you can max out your flask in other souls games before NG+
TLDR: Dont drop any firekeeper soul at her grave and dont quit out if you do.
I was playing a pyromancer today, just chilling with the master key, getting green titanite shards fore fire weapons, collecting **** before i kill bosses. The only thing i killed was that knight in undead burg near the fire keeper soul. I havent killed any bosses yet but went through valley of drakes, a little bit into new anor londor for the soul darkroot garden, and of course blighttown. Somehow lautrac free himself waited at the bonfire, then killed the firekeeper. I was like ok , that shouldn't have happen as far as im aware but ok i heard you can revive her if you drop a firekeeper soul.
You cant do that. Worse i thought it worked like pickle pee so i quit out AND NOW ITS GONE!!!! Its not the worst thing in the world but read my story and do not drop any firekeeper soul.
Those 5 humanities I got for eating it were really helpful, especially considering the fact I proceeded to fall off a cliff and lose them all.
Used it for an Estus flask upgrade because I thought it was same as the other firekeeper souls :/ FromSoft should make it yellow like the boss souls, to signpost it has a special purpose. Oh well, sorry Anastacia
so you can only get your estus flask to +6 in ng? I mean you need a firekeeper to upgrade the flask and if you get the last one you don't have a firekeeper anymore, right?
Am I the only one who didn't kill the fair lady and revived the ash maiden even if this meant not having the maxed estus flask, just because they are two of the nicest DS characters ? I mean, a poor little girl cursed for a bad decision from her mother (also, you killed her sister, who just protected her), and a jailed woman whose tongue was cut and who thinks she is unworthy...
no, I don't judge the ones who killed them
not at all
*loads the shotgun*
NOT AT ALL
I appreciate that after all these years, this is still "the shitty wiki"
Firelink Shrine Keeper is behind a cage. Say you wanted to kill her and you already revived her after Lautrec. How would you if her cage protects her? Or is it really as simply as poking through?
Ate one of these since I am used to the freaking Boneshards from Dark Souls 3.
is this item duplicable??? ive been trying with everything and i only find the infinite humanity but i want the 99 firekeeper souls
i feel like the “Use Item” on the soul is just to **** with noobs who dont know how to properly use it
Does the fire keeper souls increase drop chance?
how far you can upgrade estus flask?
Try to Jump
if you save scum with a friend you can get +7 when you get the first fire keeper soul
AHHHHHHHHHH I****IN USED MINE BY ACCIDENT
Bruh everyone's saying you can't get the flask to +7 in NG but you actually can, you simply just-
Slightly wrong item description, at least in Switch version. Instead of "Reinforced Estus Flasks capture denser Estus, allowing for increased restoration of HP." should read "It can be used to gain Humanity and restore HP at the cost of losing the Fire Keeper soul to reinforce the Estus Flasks." guessing it got updated in patch so people didn't consume it themselves.
I did the same thing man,the same thing.
He turned into a pickle! Funniest sh@t I’ve ever seen
Firekeeper soul looks like the corruption of the 4 Kings
Can you use the same fire keeper soul to improve the estus flask? Like the one in Undead pearish in NG+ and no need to kill the fire keepers??
I can't pick up the one behind the giant in undead perish. I am NG+ does that have anything to do with it?
Ate it like a dumb@$$ didn’t realize what I had done until right after. Damb
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't +7 impossible to get in one playthrough? You can get your hands on 7 fire keeper souls but then you have no place to turn in the last one?
kinda stupid you can only get up to +4 on the first playtrough without having to kill any fire keeper
I ate mine, I don't give a f@@k
Does killing the firekeeper in anor londo prevent you from joining blade of the darkmoon ?
It is impossible to get +7 first playthrough because if you have all the souls, then that means you killed all the firekeepers
I'm a pickle Morty
Why is there so much confusion on how to upgrade your flask? Get a Fire Keeper's Soul, give it to a Fire Keeper through the dialogue option, done.
I wish it was a little more clearly stated as to how to use it properly. I had to start a new game after grinding up a lvl 80 character because I realized you don't manually consume them to get the flask upgrade.
Read description and used it; am I able to max upgrade my flasks before ng+ now?
just make a character, grab the soul in new londo, then speedrun to the undead perish and grab the one on the altar. now you have one for yourself and one for a buddy!
Thank you, you helped me a lot.