Prism Stone is a Consumable in Dark Souls.
Prism Stone Usage
- Used to make breadcrumb trails, or to mark areas already visited in confusing places.
- Used to determine the height of a fall. Listen to the sound of the stone hitting the ground. If it's loud, the fall will be fatal.
- Trade one to Snuggly for a Demon Titanite.
Prism Stone Location
- Sold by Undead Merchant (Female) for 10 souls.
- Sold by Patches the Hyena for 10 souls.
- Sold by Hawkeye Gough for 10 souls.
- Treasure x20: Chest in The Duke's Archives, beneath the staricase that leads to the Crystal Cave.
- Drops from Vagrants, specifically the White Good Vagrant. (Depths, Undead Burg, Undead Parish, Painted World of Ariamis, Darkroot Garden, Darkroot Basin, The Catacombs, Tomb of Giants, The Great Hollow, Ash Lake, Demon Ruins, Lost Izalith, Sen's Fortress, Blighttown, Anor Londo, New Londo Ruins Lower, New Londo Ruins Upper, The Duke's Archives, Crystal Cave, Northern Undead Asylum, Kiln of the First Flame and Royal Wood)
- Video Location Timestamp 32:22
Eighth color testing
Per the item description there are eight colors of prism stones. Testing from multiple persons does reveal eight colors. Testing from two sources yielded:
- Light Cyan
- Slightly different green
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
"there are eight colors of prism stones"
proceeds to list eleven colors
I have no Idea why but I love these things. Probably because they are shiny and have pretty colors.
The stones disappear when you close the game?
The very rare eight color may be a homage to Terry Pratchetts "Octarine" the eight color of the magic spektrum
I'm not sure what the max carry is on these, but you can buy them for 10 souls and "sell" them to Frampt for that same 10 souls, meaning that they are a half decent way to store some souls on you that you won't lose on death.
Slightly different green is my favorite