Humanity is a Consumable in Dark Souls.
See also: Humanity.
- Increases Humanity count by 1 when consumed.
- Restores full health when consumed. (at least 2000+)
- Can be traded to Snuggly for a Ring of Sacrifice.
- Can be sold to Kingseeker Frampt for 1,000 souls.
- Sold by Undead Merchant (Female) for 5,000 souls (one time only).
- Sold by Patches the Hyena for 10,000 souls (only sells 3).
- Sold by Marvelous Chester for 10,000 souls (only sells 13) (AotA)
- Bribe from Patches, if you talk to him before the first incident, and don't forgive him after.
- Dropped by several NPCs.
- Dropped by most Bosses (patch 1.05).
- Dropped by Pisacas in Duke's Archive.
- Dropped by Baby Skeletons in Tomb of Giants.
- Dropped by Humanity Sprites (all sizes) in Chasm of the Abyss (AotA).
- Firelink Shrine: On the corpse hanging over the well.
- Undead Burg: On top of the sewer canal, beside the entrance from Firelink.
- Undead Parish: On a corpse in a barrel inside the church, close to Lautrec's cell.
- New Londo Ruins: At the end of the walkway along the raised wall, close to the Valley of Drakes entrance.
- Valley of Drakes: In a small cave, beside the lone Drake who blocks the narrow path.
- Painted World of Ariamis: One on each of the two hanging corpses, cut chains to gain access.
- Tomb of Giants: On the ledge at the end of the last slide, right above the first bonfire.
- Crystal Cave: Through a narrow passage with invisible floor, after the first Golem.
- Drops from Small Rats (5% Chance - Undead Parish ,Depths or Firelink Shrine )
- Drops from Large Rats (5% Chance - Depths)
- Drops from Snow Rats (5% Chance - Painted World of Ariamis)
- Drops from Skeleton Baby (2% Chance - Tomb of Giants)
- Video Location Timestamp 2:06
- The more Humanity one has in the counter by their health bar, the higher some resistances are.
- Humanity in the counter also increases Curse resistance to a high degree the more one has.
- Humanity also greatly increase Item Discovery hardcapping at 10 Humanity in the counter granting 210 Item Discovery.
- Humanity is the primary component of the Chaos upgrade path's power with the max damage bonus being received at 10 Humanity held in the counter.
- A great tactic is to obtain the Dark Hand as soon as one can as NPCs that are Humanoid characters like Petrus hold a good amount of Humanity that can be absorbed.
- For characters that are encountered sitting, kicking them with cause them to stand up. Using the Force Miracle works as well if one fears miss-clicking a kick and attacking said character.
- In addition to what is mentioned above, using the Kick maneuver or the Force Miracle deal no damage to said characters and does not incur a sin. Using the Dark Hand's Absorb grab-attack does not deal damage to targets either, however it does cause the NPCs to speak as if they were attacked. This is not a cause for alarm as no damage is being done and it does not incur a sin as long as the grab connects and animation plays. Make sure to be on even ground and close to the target.
- Humanity can be conveniently farmed infinitely at the last bonfire at the end of the Artorias of the Abyss DLC in the final area leading up to Manus, Father of the Abyss.