Limb of the victim of a curse. Temporary curse allows engagement with ghosts.
The only way to fight back against ghosts, who are cursed beings, is to become cursed oneself.
The safest method, however dreadful, is to cut off an arm of the dead.
Transient Curse is a Consumable in Dark Souls.
Transient Curse Usage
- Lets you interact with ghosts for a limited time, since you must be cursed to hit them.
- Ghosts are encountered in New Londo Ruins.
- The effect lasts for 5 minutes.
Transient Curse Location
- Sold by the Female Undead Merchant for 4,000 souls a piece. (Only 4 in stock.)
- Sold by the Ingward for 1,000 souls a piece. (Patch 1.05)
- Dropped by ghosts in New Londo Ruins.
- Treasure x2: On corpse in a vase, before the rickety bridge to New Londo Ruins.
- Treasure x2: On corpse in a vase, behind a wall at the base of the first staircase in New Londo Ruins.
- Treasure x2: On corpse, behind screaming ghost close to the first fog-door.
- Drops from Banshee (New Londo Ruins, 5% chance).
- Drops from Ghost (New Londo Ruins, 5% chance).
- Drops from Vagrants, specifically the White Good Vagrant. (Depths, Undead Burg, Undead Parish, Painted World of Ariamis, Darkroot Garden, Darkroot Basin, The Catacombs, Tomb of Giants, The Great Hollow, Ash Lake, Demon Ruins, Lost Izalith, Sen's Fortress, Blighttown, Anor Londo, New Londo Ruins Lower, New Londo Ruins Upper, The Duke's Archives, Crystal Cave, Northern Undead Asylum, Royal Wood and Kiln of the First Flame)
- Video Location Timestamp 1:25