Transient Curse is a Consumable in Dark Souls.
Transient Curse Usage
- Lets you interact with ghosts for a limited time, since you must be cursed to hit them.
- Ghosts are encountered in New Londo Ruins.
- The effect lasts for 5 minutes.
Transient Curse Location
- Sold by the Female Undead Merchant for 4,000 souls a piece.
- Sold by the Ingward for 1,000 souls a piece. (Patch 1.05)
- Dropped by ghosts in New Londo Ruins.
- Treasure x2: On corpse in a vase, before the rickety bridge to New Londo Ruins.
- Treasure x2: On corpse in a vase, behind a wall at the base of the first staircase in New Londo Ruins.
- Treasure x2: On corpse, behind screaming ghost close to the first fog-door.
- Drops from Banshee (New Londo Ruins, 5% chance).
- Drops from Ghost (New Londo Ruins, 5% chance).
- Drops from Vagrants, specifically the White Good Vagrant. (Depths, Undead Burg, Undead Parish, Painted World of Ariamis, Darkroot Garden, Darkroot Basin, The Catacombs, Tomb of Giants, The Great Hollow, Ash Lake, Demon Ruins, Lost Izalith, Sen's Fortress, Blighttown, Anor Londo, New Londo Ruins Lower, New Londo Ruins Upper, The Duke's Archives, Crystal Cave, Northern Undead Asylum, Royal Wood and Kiln of the First Flame)
- Video Location Timestamp 1:25
- Transient Curse is a Self Buff and interferes with other such buffs (i.e. Great Magic Barrier, Green Blossom, Power Within, etc.). While active, a player is unable to cast other Self Buffs and vice versa.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Plot twist: Bearer of the curse actually used this so thats why Targray calls him "Transient being"
How long do these last exactly?
Is armor effective against Banshees after using a Transient Curse?
How to know your transit curse effect is still active without fighting ghosts? There are 2 ways:
1) Item is blacked out, marking it can't be used - most common method but you will need to switch to estus flask and switch back every time you heal.
2) Visual glow effects on character (like stamina regeneration from gras crest shield) turn their color to pale gray instead their original color for the duration of the curse.
In case anyone else was wondering, having a Transient Curse active does NOT protect you from being cursed by Basilisks or Seath. I hadn't seen any info on this one way or the other so I went to the Depths and tried it out, got hella cursed.
Transient Curse come! you are needed!
I fought what I can only assume is a vagrant holding a transient curse in the chasm of the abyss. The weird thing is, it didn't look like a good vagrant, but more like a pale grey leech. I'm somewhat of a veteran to the game, but not this area, so I don't know what to think.
It would've been cooler if you actually had to get cursed to fight them
If you want to kill Ingward, don't forget to get these from him as many as possible.
Isaac's soul is still corrupted by sins, he needs to be save~ #bindingofisaacintro
im no expert but my female undead merchant sells infinite transient cursed for 4000 each
is there anything else that can hit the ghosts other than using transient curse or the cursed greatsword of artorias?
Can sb help me ? ... I don't have any transient curse's left... Because the merchanter is not selling it any more and i used all the free ones ... So far i killed siff and unlikely i created greatesword of artoris (not the cursed one) ... The only merchanter that sells curse's is in new londo but i can't get ther withought dieing ... Can i reforge this greatesword and get Boss soul back ?
Transient Curse will also interfere with Great Magic Barrier. So either run like hėll or wait for it to Expire before dropping into the abyss.
what must i do i don`t have Transient Curse stuff and That female undead don`t have
I think it should be noted that this counts as a personal buff and will stop you from casting the Pyromancy: Power Within. So when you're standing ready to drop into The Abyss wondering why you can't cast Power Within, you'll have to wait out the Transient Curse.
Does it let you parry/block ghosts?
Can players drop these? Asking because I killed Ingward by accident and I’ve gotten every curse in the level and would rather not farm.
is there a way to check how much time you have left for your temp curse? i know i can check by pulling up the equip item but i don't want to get caught in the middle of a fight