Patches and Patch Notes for Dark Souls are developer-delivered changes to the game. Patches are installed only if you have an online connection and if your console system firmware is up to date. It is not possible to revert patches on consoles, unless you have a disc version of the game
Patch Notes for Dark Souls
July 11th 2017
Coordinated Universal Time (UTC): 01:00 – 03:00
Japanese Standard Time (JST): 10:00 – 12:00
Central European Standard Time (CEST): 03:00 – 05:00
Pacific Daylight Time (Maintenance begins on July 10 in the PDT time zone) (PDT): 18:00 – 20:00
Coordinated Universal Time (UTC): 01:00 – 07:00
Japanese Standard Time (JST): 10:00 – 16:00
Central European Standard Time (CEST): 03:00 – 09:00
Pacific Daylight Time (Maintenance begins on July 10 in the PDT time zone) (PDT): 18:00 – 00:00
Coordinated Universal Time(UTC): 08:00 – 10:00
Japanese Standard Time(JST): 17:00 – 19:00
Central European Standard Time (CEST): 10:00 – 12:00
Pacific Daylight Time (PDT): 01:00 – 03:00
- Fixed a bug in which The Four Kings are not displayed properly in The Abyss.
- Fixed a bug in which the ending comes up in Kiln of the First Flame without defeating the boss when you do specific moves before the boss area.
- Fixed a bug in which player’s clear data is erroneous when the application is finished on specific conditions after defeating Gwyn, Lord of Cinder.
- Fixed a bug in which messages are not displayed to other players on asynchronous online.
- Fixed a bug in which session matching stops during online mode when the player fails to join the session where blocked players are playing.
- Fixed a bug in which the number of Estus Flask possessions is not displayed properly when you return by Black Separation Crystal.
- Improved the security against cheating during online multiplayer.
There also some specific platform fixes:
- Fixed a bug in which the application cannot be launched.
Playstation 4 and Steam/PC
- Fixed a bug in which players become invisible during online multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug in which after players reset their stats and create a new profile, the new profile still features the reset stats.
An update patch for DARK SOULS REMASTERED and server maintenance are planned on the following dates/platforms:
- Playstation 4: June 4th 2018
- Xbox One: June 7th 2018
- Playstation 4: June 4th, 2018 10:00 - 12:00 JST, June 4th, 2018 03:00 - 05:00 CEST, June 3rd, 2018 18:00 - 20:00 PDT
- Xbox One: June 7th, 2018 10:00 - 16:00 JST, June 7th, 2018 03:00 - 09:00 CEST, June 6th, 2018 18:00 - 24:00 PDT
Versions displayed at the upper left of title screen are updated with this update patch as follows:
- App Ver [1.01 changed to 1.02]
- Regulation Ver [1.01 changed to 1.03]
Multiplayer: Fixed a bug which occurred when acquiring upgraded weapons dropped by guests.
Multiplayer: Fixed a bug in which if you summon an NPC coop phantom while summoning a guest, the NPC coop phantom's sign remains displayed.
Multiplayer: Fixed a bug in which it’s impossible to match with an additional guest for a while after matching with a Nito guest.
Multiplayer: Fixed a bug in which matching is possible even if the last guest who was matched is blocking the other guest.
Multiplayer: Fixed a bug in which dialog for forced return appears again if the load screen is displayed after returning.
Multiplayer: Fixed a bug for 2 overlapping effects applied on a boss during coop play.
Multiplayer: Fixed a missing error message for the host when a guest cancels before matchmaking is established.
Arena: Fixed a bug in which after a player leaves the arena, rank order and MVP are not reselected.
Arena: Fixed a bug in which it was possible to specify opponent's respawn position.
Arena: Fixed a display bug for person(s) acquiring MVP in the Arena.
Arena: Fixed a bug in which searching will be canceled after a certain period of time if the guest doesn’t join a match in arena.
Arena: Fixed a display bug for the win streak.
Arena: Fixed display shown after a player dies due to an unforced error in Team battle.
Arena: Fixed a bug in which matching won’t be canceled after a certain period of time when friendly team rules are selected.
Arena: Fixed a bug in which controller input is no longer accepted when a player quits immediately after matching in Deathmatch.
Arena: Fixed a bug in which MVP is not displayed in Arena Duel and Deathmatch when a player dies due to an unforced error and his/her rank changes.
Arena: Fixed a bug which occurs when a player is moved to a battle map right after sitting down at a bonfire.
Arena: Fixed a bug in which a fog wall doesn’t disappear upon going through the entrance of the gazebo.
Arena: Fixed a bug in which the character name is displayed for the Greatest Combatant when the Name Display option is set to Online ID.
Fixed a bug in which Slimes on the ceiling in the Depths fail to drop on the floor properly.
Other minor bug fixes.
Version 1.07 - 5th December 2012
- Fixes the flickering and missing graphical effects that appeared shortly after the release of the DLC, which only occurred in the Additional Content areas
Version 1.06 - 22nd October 2012
- Eagle Shield - physical damage reduction to 95%
- Elemental weapons have lower AR
- Greatswords and Curved Greatswords attack slower
- Blocking drains more stamina
- Less stability increase in greatshields when upgrading
- Quelaag's Furysword - decreased fire damage
- Strength weapons receive some hyper armor. - Only Abyss Greatsword confirmed. [need more info]
- Some shield types have deflection when used in PvP [need more info]
- Stamina consumption increased for spear/rapier attacks from behind a shield.
- Black Knight Greataxe has reduced damage [needs confirmation]
- Lightning and Fire reinforced weapons are nerfed.
- Dark Wood Grain Ring - flip now applies when equip load is at or below 25%
- Hornet Ring - nerfed to 30% critical bonus
- Elite Knight set - total poise increased to 46
- Mask of the Father - nerfed to 5% equip load increase
- Mask of the Mother - nerfed to 10% HP increase
- Mask of the Child - decreased stamina regeneration [need more info]
- Gargoyle Helm - increased drop-rate from Bell Gargoyle
- HCSM/HSM now do less damage [needs confirmation]
- Chaos Pyromancies buffed, humanity damage bonus is increased [needs confirmation]
- Power Within's health drain is no longer affected by the level of your Pyromancy glove.
- Critical hits do less damage. This includes riposte and backstabs.
- Medium roll is faster/all rolls have been buffed [need more info]
- Gravelords receive humanity when an infected player dies to a BP mob [needs confirmation]
- New warpable bonfires in: Undead Parish (above Andre), The Depths, Painted World of Ariamis (note that you cannot warp from this bonfire), Tomb of the Giants, Duke's Archives, Crystal Cave [additional warps to new areas also]
- Crystal Golem AoE attack inflicts Curse status. [this is also present in the older versions, but the duration of the effect is so short that it's easily missed]
- Reah of Thorolund no longer can be drained 12 humanity (with Dark Hand), she now has 0.
- Making a full turn – while standing still and wielding a Rapier/Spear – with your shield up results in the player being unable to move for a brief amount of time.
- Bottomless Box glitch removed
- Dragon Headstone glitch removed
- Spell switch glitch removed
- Prism Stone item duplication glitch removed
- Bow backstab removed
- Dropping of undroppable items (Estus flask, Dark sign etc.) can no longer be dropped.
- Dark Anor Londo NPCs no longer respawn
- Environmental lava damage increase
- Increased souls gained for killing certain enemies [need more info]
- In-game description of the Pendant fixed: "A simple pendant with no effect." "Even so, pleasant memories are crucial to survival on arduous journeys."
- Oswald of Carim now sells Homeward Bones to the player.
Patch 1.04/1.05 Changes:
Translated by Brett (twitch.tv/thebrett)
Taken from in-game testing / jp wiki notes ()
- Pyro Glove nerfed from 270 to 230.
- You can see resonance signs now.
- Vow of Silence range increased.
- Sorcery spell damage as a whole was slightly buffed, but Homing Soul Mass and other pursuit style spells were nerfed.
- Magic Shield duration lowered to ~11 seconds.
- Strong Magic Shield duration lowered to ~11 seconds. Invincibility removed. Effect on Stamina drastically reduced.
- Tranquil Walk of Peace and other Slow duration reduced to ~10 secs. Effect supposedly changed from 100% encumbrance to 50%. Rolling possible if your equip burden is lowered. Slowness is similar to swamp effect.
- Iron Flesh effectiveness nerfed.
- Invisible Body duration remains unchanged.
- Base Equipment Burden increased (~6-10 points)
- Humanity Item drop rate increased from 10 to 210
- Medium roll recovery faster? (unclear and unconfirmed)
- Defensive bonuses gained via Humanity reduced. Other defensive bonuses remain unchanged.
- Item discovery gained via Humanity improved. Capped at 20.
Equipment General Changes:
- Reported some weapon scaling gets improved at higher normal upgrades (+15 uchi dex scaling goes to A)
- Some scaling reported as changing from A to S with higher upgrades
- Normal scaling buffed by 5-20% (20% at +14).
- Crystal scaling buffed by 5-20% (20% at +4).
- Lightning +4 nerfed by 2% (+5 remains unchanged).
- Raw scaling buffed by 10% (all levels).
- Magic stat scaling buffed by 10-20% (20% at +9).
- Enchanted stat scaling buffed by 15-20% (20% at +4).
- Divine stat scaling buffed by 10-20% (20% at +9).
- Occult stat scaling buffed by 15-20% (20% at +4).
- Fire +9 nerfed by 2%. (+5 remains unchanged)
- Dragon stat scaling buffed by 5-20% (20% at +5).
Specific Gear Changes:
- Grant scaling changed to Strength:B and Faith:A
- Gold-hemmed nerfed, still can't be upgraded.
- Dust skirt nerfed hard (streamlined to match the other pieces).
- Silver Knights, Sun, Hollow Soldier's Shield and other medium shield stability nerfed to ~70 at max upgrades to improve Great Shield viability.
- Crystal Ring Shield scaling drastically nerfed. Does around ~200 +-50
- Dragon Greatsword buffed from 360 to 390.
- Silver Knight's Sword lightning effect removed. Now enchantable.
- Elite Knight gear nerfed, then buffed slightly in 1.05
- Lock-on acquisition range increased.
- Lock-on changing/switching got easier (more responsive).
Ring of Fog users can now be locked on.
- Overall increase in souls gained (~2-2.5 times more)
- Damage reduced on some mobs?
- HP lowered on some mobs?
- Reduced acquisition range on normal enemies.
- Supposedly reduced poise on some enemies.
- Bosses drop Humanity and Homeward Bones
- Ghosts and Skeletons give souls now.
- Twinkling Titanite drop rate improved.
- Pyromancers in Catacombs drop Skull Lanterns.
- Darkwraiths in New Londo drop Dark Hand.
- You can see resonance signs.
- Some invasion restrictions possibly changed? Darkwraith upperlimit confirmed as unchanged.
- 1.05: Summon restrictions improved slightly again.
- Amount of souls the Master of the game gains changed.
- Cracked Eye Orbs no longer get consumed on failure. Confirmed
- You can hit Select to rate messages.
- 1.05: Fixed 1.04 bug where summon signs were invisible.
- Covenant Material drop rate improved.
- Lowered requirements for the Warrior of Sunlight covenant (requirements moved from 50 to 25. 3/4 assists should do the trick)
- Official Guide nerfed.
- Forest Hunter NPC farming remains unchanged.
- Dark Anor Londo NPC farming remains unchanged.
- Kiln Skip Glitch still works in 1.05
Merchant stock updates:
- Male Undead Merchant: Also sells bottomless box
- Female Undead Merchant: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts
- Andrei: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts
- Domhnall of Zena: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts, Master Key (5000)
- Giant Blacksmith: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts, Small Titanite Shards, Large Tit Shards, Twinkling (8000 per, inf amount), Green Shards, Repair box, upgrade boxes
- Vamos: Arrows / Crossbolts, Small Tit, Large tit, Repair box / upgrade boxes
- Ingward: Sells Transient Curses
- Fixed some freeze issues
- Level up screen displays souls needed properly now
- Dragon-head glitch, snuggly, and magic shield glitches fixed.
- Fixed a bug where your inputs come out 1 second later.
- Fixed a bug where the second Solaire event wont progress.
- Fixed a bug where feeding Frampt a Titanite stone then going over 99 resulted in having zero.
- Fixed some specific map areas where you'd get stuck or be unable to progress.
- Changed some English subtitles on the overseas port.
Version 1.03 (PS3) - September 2011
- Some NPCs disappear
- After applying version 1.02, the system hangs in the trophy screen during the installation of a set
- Merchant at the beginning of the Sewers now sells Curse removal Stones.
- Fixes freezing Issue that occurs whenever players wants to invade/ or join other players online.
- Fixes freezing Issue that occurs at title screen of the game, as long as the player is connected to the game's servers.