Crystal Golem is an Enemy in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. Enemies are hostile creatures that respawn when players rest at a Bonfire or upon death. Special enemies that do not respawn are classified as Bosses, Mini Bosses or Invaders.
Crystal Golem Description
Hulking blue crystalline monsters who move fairly slowly and strike with great force.
- Its arm extends into a crystal like club for a swinging attack at short range.
- An AoE attack where he slams both arms on the ground. This will make crystals shoot from the ground around the golem. This attack fills the Curse bar if it connects (Patch 1.05)
- Jumping overhead attack at medium range. Steals a lot of stamina and possibly fatal.
- Don't use Magic damage weapons as they are resistant to this type of damage
- Take them on one at a time, so lure them away from their friends where possible.
- Keep your shield up if you're not attacking as the jumping attack can cover ground quickly and deals massive damage.
- The AoE attack is coming when it raises both arms - step back a bit to miss the crystal spikes.
- They can not be back-stabbed.
These monsters have a jumping overhead attack that closes ground quite quickly and deals massive damage, as well as a ground pound-type AoE that shoots crystals up from out of the ground from beneath the player. (This attack may be magical, as it consistently inflicts damage through a 100% physical-negating shield.) As is usual with large, slow enemies, just strafe around them and attack them from behind during their attacks. Double-handing fire weapons makes short work of them, though they cannot be backstabbed.
|The Duke's Archives (outside)||680||1067||1200||2400||Yes|
Golden Crystal Golem
There are also four other Crystal Golems that do not respawn in the game after beating them, distiguishable by their gold colour. This variety of Crystal Golem are bigger and stronger than their blue counterparts, so watch out. Two of them have NPC's trapped inside them who will appear where the Golem was defeated. One is in a cave behind the Hydra's lake in Darkroot Basin and drops the NPC Dusk of Oolacile once defeated. The other is found in the garden area between The Duke's Archives and the Crystal Cave and drops the NPC Sieglinde of Catarina. The other two can be found in the Crystal Cave, but these one's are just in the way.