Magic Defense is a Stat in Dark Souls.
Magic Defense Information & Notes
- Defense against magic attacks.
- Also see Resistance and magic damage
Defense against Magic damage attacks. The following are equipments, items, or spells that increase Magic Resistance.
- Starting Armors
- Sorcerer Set
- Big Hat's Set
- Painting Guardian Set
- Xanthous Set
- Dingy Set (Gives the highest magic defense compared to all armor sets when fully upgraded)
- Light Armor
- Heavy Armor
Shields and Weapons
- Moonlight Greatsword (+40 magic defense)
- Dragon Greatsword (+20 magic defense)
- Dragon King Greataxe (+20 magic defense)
- Dragon Tooth (+20 magic defense)
- Drake Sword (+15 magic defense)
- Dragon Bone (+15 magic defense)
Attunement ♦ Attunement Slots ♦ Bleed Resist ♦ Curse Resist ♦ Dexterity ♦ Endurance ♦ Equip Load ♦ Faith ♦ Fire Defense ♦ Health ♦ Humanity ♦ Intelligence ♦ Item Discovery ♦ Level ♦ Lightning Defense ♦ Physical Defense ♦ Poise ♦ Poison Resist ♦ Resistance ♦ Stamina ♦ Strength ♦ Vitality
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Items that give you the highest magic defense: Big Hat, Dingy Robe, Black Sorcerer Gauntlets, Bloodstained Skirt, Cyrstal Ring Shield, Moonlight Greatsword, Spell Stoneplate Ring, and Speckled Stoneplate Ring. Pair it with great magic barrier, 44 int, and laugh as magic isn't as bad on you.
Starting and Light armor needs to be labeled, Light and Medium because there's no way Paladin set is light armor.
Damn i was hoping for infomation on how the stat works, like does it take base damage from your attacks up untill a cap (deal 200 damage and the enemy has 300 mgk def would they take any damage)? Does it even have a cap? Does it work like anbsorption? Is there some sort of really wierd calculation? Is there a way tp negate damage?