To-Do List for Dark Souls Wiki is a list of missing pages or pages that needs more work and content. Miss a page or feature? Then list it in the Needed Pages section below.
The Dark Souls Wiki needs a revamp to match modern browsing and wiki tricks. To-do as follows:
1. All pages should have a link back to their category page and a revisiondate. In wikitext, the top of all pages must look like this:
2. Table of Contents should be removed unless necessary. H1s used for Flat TOC must be removed and replaced with H2 and H3.
3. Headings should not be colored. Remove all color from headings.
4. Large images need to have a _small version created and the _small version added to the page, linking to the large image.
5. Pages should be tagged by category and a "tag cloud" table added at the bottom of each page for easy navigation. Example: Beast Claw in Bloodborne - tagged "trick weapon" and showing other trick weapons.
2. About Dark Souls, Humanity, Online, Patches needs reformatting, removing of backgrounds, possible application of spoiler code or tabs etc.
3. Covenants, Controls, FAQ needs Tabs
4. Artorias of the Abyss (Expansion) needs tabs and reformatting for better presentation.
5. Magic should be changed from spoilers to tabs and Sortable code should be added.
6. Armor needs images of all fully equipped sets, and a transition to tabs with alphabetical order, same to Dark Souls 2 Counterpart
7. Sortable lists of head, chest, hand and leg armor pieces should be created and added as a wiki table with sortable code.
8. Shields page should change to tabs, and colors be matched to the Weapons colors that work better with dark background.
9. Weapons tab code should be fixed so it doesn't break (use page includes, will have to create more tabtitle and tabcontent pages)
10. Boss Soul Weapons needs icons of the weapons for formatting uniformity.
11. Upgrades needs tabs
12. Rings needs bulletpoint and centering removal, sortable code added
13. Items page needs tabs, same as Dark Souls 2 Counterpart
14. Summon Range Calculator has an unnecessarily large image.
15. Lore page needs tabs, reformatting, video removal
16. Places needs reformatting, to match Bloodborne Counterpart
17. All individual locations need reformatting, tagging, video removal
18. NPCs needs reformatting, and considering possibility of using columns instead of table.
19. Merchants needs tabs, individual pages reformatting and image consideration.
20. Enemies and Bosses needs tabs, spoilers, images and reformatting - possibly to mimic Bloodborne's style
21. Game Progress Route should also have a table like Bloodborne's quick view
22. Walkthroughs should change to mimic Bloodborne's Style
- Lingering Dragoncrest Ring. What sorceries/miracles/pyromancies/consumables? does it affect.
- Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring. Needs testing on Fire Surge, I came up with 41.5% increase which seems wrong.
- Need more details on miracle synergy and the Ring of the Sun Princess. PvE/PvP
- Any information on Moonlight Arrows? i.e what is the damage result with different bows? does the darkmoon bow increase the damage?
- It's listed on the Stats page.
- If the above can be done for other stats, for example strength, dexterity, and other parameters that define what weapons you'll be able to wield, that'd be useful as well. For example, what weapons or items will I be able to use if I put my strength stat up to 40 and my dex up to 30? This kind of info can be extremely valuable to players planning to make just the right build centered around the weapon or weapons of their choosing.
- General Concepts/Game Mechanics. General concepts explains the game mechanics of all offline features, and should be a quick introduction to a new player about the features of the game with minimal spoilers.
- Item Comparison - side by side for individual items.
- New Londo Ruins page.
- Individual Enemies pages, plus pics.
- Upgrades. Info on other upgradeable items, such as Flasks, Bonfires?
- PVP Builds
Wiki tags are not metadata, but a way to define different properties of for example an item. A tag does nothing on its own, but when many pages share the same tag they can be used to list other items with similar properties. Tags should mostly be single words, and not long unique sentences (like "great weapon to pwn n00bs with").
Example: The Moonlight Greatsword, it's a greatsword, it deals magic damage, and it has a special attack. It should be tagged with something like "Weapon" "Greatsword" "Magic" "Special". The Channeler's Trident should have something like "Weapon" "Spear" "Magic" "Special". So if you are looking for magic weapons with special attacks, listing items with "Magic" and "Special" tags should list both, as well as Grant and the Stone Greatsword.
If you encounter a particularly cluttered page, but have no time to clean it up at the moment, then tag the page with " cleanup" as a reminder.
Pages with names that differ from in-game names should be renamed, so please tag them with " rename". Renaming pages also involves fixing all backlinks and redirecting the current page to the new one.
Some items/equipment/npc´s have duplicate pages. Please tag such pages with " duplicate", and someone will eventually merge them.
If you encounter an unnecessary page, or have a request to delete a page, then tag it with " deleteme" and it should appear in the list below.