To-Do List for Dark Souls Wiki is a list of missing pages or pages that needs more work and content. Miss a page or feature? Then list it in the Needed Pages section below.
The Dark Souls Wiki needs a revamp to match modern browsing and wiki tricks. To-do as follows:
1. All pages should have a link back to their category page and a revisiondate. (wikitext editing no longer available)
2. Table of Contents should be removed unless necessary. H1s used for Flat TOC must be removed and replaced with H2 and H3.
3. Headings should not be colored. Remove all color from headings.
4. Large images need to have a _small version created and the _small version added to the page, linking to the large image.
5. Pages should be tagged by category and a "tag cloud" table added at the bottom of each page for easy navigation. Example: Beast Claw in Bloodborne - tagged "trick weapon" and showing other trick weapons.
- Humanity, Online, Patches needs reformatting, (?) removing of backgrounds, possible application of spoiler code or tabs etc.
- Covenants, Controls, FAQ needs Tabs
- Artorias of the Abyss (Expansion) needs tabs and reformatting for better presentation.
- Magic Sortable code should be added. (?)
- Armor, needs a transition to tabs (?) with alphabetical order, same to Dark Souls 2 Counterpart
- Having to scroll all the way through before getting to the tabs isn't very usable. Maybe reorganize.
- Shields page should change to tabs.
- Weapons tab code should be fixed so it doesn't break (use page includes, will have to create more tabtitle and tabcontent pages) (?)
- Upgrades needs tabs
- Lore page needs tabs, reformatting, video removal (?)
- Places needs reformatting, to match Bloodborne Counterpart (?)
- All individual locations need reformatting, tagging, video removal (?)
- NPCs needs reformatting, and considering possibility of using columns or tabs instead of table. (?)
- Merchants needs tabs, individual pages reformatting and image consideration. (?)
- Enemies and Bosses needs tabs, spoilers, images and reformatting - possibly to mimic Bloodborne's style
- Game Progress Route should also have a table like Bloodborne's quick view
- Walkthroughs should change to mimic Bloodborne's Style
- Vendor pages use different table styles for their shops. The style Domhnall of Zena uses seems the best formatted.
- All Armor pages are missing their frampt souls.
- It should be in the "Notes" section like this:
- Give to Frampt to receive 1,000 souls.
- Ornstein Set
- Black Knight Set
- Catarina Set
- Gough's Set
- The List of Soceries, Pyromacies and Miracles (same descripions are also on other pages such as Self Buffs) as well as their individual pages are widely differently categorized and descriptions in the tables differ in length and tone
- Pharis's Hat might not belong to the Hunter Set
- Gauntlet Armor Pages are phrased "Iron Bracelet is a Gauntlets in Dark Souls." This is bad english, while technically correct. Should be rephrased to either "Iron Bracelet are Gauntlets in Dark Souls." or "Iron Bracelet is a Gauntlet in Dark Souls."
- Logan's Catalyst uses external instead of internal links
- Quelana of Izalith has broken Formatting for the Notes heading.
- Titanite Pages (Slabs especialliy) are not uniform
- NPC Pages use vastly different methods of organizing encounters. The best ways seem to be tables (like Siegmeyer of Catarina) or sections (like Big Hat Logan)
- Knight's Honor Achievement Guide needs a table instead of a big list.
- Lingering Dragoncrest Ring.
- Does it affect Resist Curse ?
- Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring.
- Needs testing on Fire Surge, I came up with 41.5% increase which seems wrong.
- Need more details on miracle synergy and the Ring of the Sun Princess. PvE/PvP
- Needs confirmation in parts (marked in page)
- How much is 1 unit of healthbar (similar to the Stamina page)
- Crystal Lizard
- needs HP and Souls info
- needs better location info
- do they drop slabs?
- Elizabeth's Mushroom
- Video location (matching walkthrough exists on fextralife yt)
- Black Sorcerer Boots
- missing icon - UPLOADED ( DONE 12/03/2021 )
- replace icons for sorcerer hat and black sorcerer hat with new correct icons
- General Concepts/Game Mechanics. General concepts explains the game mechanics of all offline features, and should be a quick introduction to a new player about the features of the game with minimal spoilers.
- Item Comparison - side by side for individual items.
- Missing Maps
- Travelling Gloves
- Imalayan, 25. Feb. 2020: I took the liberty of cleaning up this page as best I could, so it can be used again. Feel free to revert this or message me if this isn't wanted. Anything I couldn't confirm to still needing to be done, because I don't know the original motivation, I have marked with (?)
Wiki tags are not metadata, but a way to define different properties of for example an item. A tag does nothing on its own, but when many pages share the same tag they can be used to list other items with similar properties. Tags should mostly be single words, and not long unique sentences (like "great weapon to pwn n00bs with").
Example: The Moonlight Greatsword, it's a greatsword, it deals magic damage, and it has a special attack. It should be tagged with something like "Weapon" "Greatsword" "Magic" "Special". The Channeler's Trident should have something like "Weapon" "Spear" "Magic" "Special". So if you are looking for magic weapons with special attacks, listing items with "Magic" and "Special" tags should list both, as well as Grant and the Stone Greatsword.
If you encounter a particularly cluttered page, but have no time to clean it up at the moment, then tag the page with " cleanup" as a reminder.
Pages with names that differ from in-game names should be renamed, so please tag them with " rename". Renaming pages also involves fixing all backlinks and redirecting the current page to the new one.
Some items/equipment/npc´s have duplicate pages. Please tag such pages with " duplicate", and someone will eventually merge them.
If you encounter an unnecessary page, or have a request to delete a page, then tag it with " deleteme" and it should appear in the list below.