Siegmeyer of Catarina
Siegmeyer of Catarina is a character in Dark Souls.The character was revealed in the product announcement. A knight swearing allegiance to an unidentified order of warriors, this NPC can occasionally assist the player in various points in the game. It is possible for this older gentleman knight to die in the course of aiding you, so be careful.
Siegmeyer can first be found sitting outside the entrance to Sen's Fortress, notifying the player that the gates are sealed shut.His armor set can be bought from the Crestfallen Merchant in Sen's fortress for 34,000 souls (10,000 for helm and chest armor and 7000 for the leggings and gloves). He is the father of Sieglinde of Catarina.
|Sen's Fortress||Right outside the Gate.||Prior to both Bell's of Awakening being rung.|
|Sen's Fortress||On a ledge, below the first hill, where the rolling boulders are encountered.||Prior to changing direction of boulders.|
|Anor Londo||Deep inside the castle, past the bonfire with Solaire and a few Silver Knights spawns.||After Killing the Sliver Knights, gives Tiny Being's Ring as reward.|
|Firelink Shrine||Standing beside the Bonfire.||Gives Emit Force spell as reward for help.|
|Blighttown||Opposite end of the swamp where the boss is located, close to the The Great Hollow entrance.||He asks for 3 Purple Moss Clump. He thanks you and gives you the Pierce Shield.|
|Lost Izalith||In the room where the floor collapses, right before the Poison Marsh.||Will help kill the demons below. Reward varies dependent on outcome.|
|Ash Lake||First Bonfire after The Great Hollow.||See details below:|
First Encounter: Siegmeyer will be outside Sen's Fortress waiting for the gates to open. You can talk to him and you'll get some dialogue, but this encounter is skippable. Ringing both bells makes him move to a new location.
Second Encounter: Siegmeyer will be located inside Sen's Fortress on a ledge near the part where you deal with the boulders for the first time. This encounter is also skippable (you do not need to talk to him to progress the quest) but to make him move to his new location you must turn the boulder machine until the boulders are redirected to empty space.
Third Encounter: He will be in the castle, in Anor Londo. When you finally make it up to the rooftop where an Silver Knight Archer is guarding the spiral staircase down to the main floor/bonfire there will be another parapet off to the left with another Black Knight guarding inside. After you defeat him, head down the spiral staircase and speak to Siegmeyer who is standing outside a room with 3 Silver Knights in it. After defeating the 3 knights, speak to him again and he will give you the Tiny Being's Ring. This step and the following ones are NOT skippable.
Fourth Encounter: After beating Anor Londo/Acquiring Lordvessel, warp back to Firelink Shrine. Siegmeyer should be standing by the fire. Speak to him and he will ask if you rang both the bells to open Sen's Fortress. Say yes and he will give you the "Emit Force" miracle. Say no and he wont. After answering yes, speak to him again and he will say that he is going to head down below for an adventure in Blighttown. Changing areas will make him dissapear from Firelink.
Fifth Encounter: Come back to Firelink Shrine and you will notice that Siegmeyer is missing. Head down to the swamp bonfire in Blighttown. From the fire, head northwest towards the leech area/tree branch that leads to The Great Hollow. Keep running past it and you should see him standing on a little island. He will be asleep so speak to him twice. He will wake up and ask for some Purple Moss Clumps. Give them to him and he will give you the Pierce Shield.
Finding his daughter: While heading through The Duke's Archives, right before the entrance to Crystal Cave there are multiple Blue Crystal Golems around. You should see a Gold Crystal Golem in the middle of this forest area. He is extremely strong compared to the blue ones, so be careful. Defeat this Gold Crystal Golem and Sieglinde, his daughter, will pop out. Speak to her and she will ask if you have seen her father. Say "yes" and she will thank you and nothing more. Warp back to Firelink Shrine. You will see Seiglinde here. Speak with her once and say that you have seen her "father" again.
Sixth Encounter: You will find Siegmeyer in Lost Izalith, in the room above the Chaos Eaters. Do NOT speak with him yet. The outcome of his quest line has THREE possibilities here:
- Option 1: If Siegmeyer ends up with more than 50% HP after the battle, he will then move to Ash Lake (near the first bonfire) where he will meet his end. His daughter, Sieglinde of Catarina will be standing next to him, and give you a Titanite Slab, finishing the questline. To accomplish this (it can be tricky) the best way is to kill all but one of the Chaos Eaters before talking to him, then talk to him and quickly jump down and kill the last Chaos Eater and talk again to Siegmeyer, if he has more than 50% of HP will say he just needs a rest. A desperate maneuver you can do, if you see Siegmeyer is getting surrounded by many Chaos Eaters, is to quickly quit the game and reload. Siegmeyer will appear a bit far from the center of the swamp giving you time to finish the Chaos Demons. The Chaos Eaters will also try a special grab attack on Siegmeyer, if you see them grabbing Siegmeyer, quickly quit the game so the game saves before Siegmeyer receives the damage, then reload and kill the remaining Chaos Eaters. Note: this step can be done before the "Finding his daughter step". Just make sure you answer yes to both the questions of Sieglinde.
- Option 2: If Siegmeyer finishes the battle with less than 50% HP, he will be too badly wounded to stay alive for long, he will give you a Speckled Stoneplate Ring and then perish. The questline ends.
- Option 3: You can kill all the Chaos Eaters before talking to him. He will give you the Speckled Stoneplate Ring thanking you for saving him again and claiming he is too weak; the questline will end, but he will survive.
- Keep in mind that the poison of the Chaos Eater labyrinth will damage Siegmeyer, so you may want to homeward bone or quit the game fast after you deal with the Chaos Eaters to avoid getting him too hurt. (This seemed to be a bug as it no longer happens as of version 1.06)
- The Chaos Eaters that are in the poison floor under Siegmeyer (Lost Izalith), DO NOT respawn. Don't kill them before you get Siegmeyer there or you will be stuck at the Option 3.
- Avoid using AoE attacks, as Siegmeyer can be damaged by your attacks while fighting the Chaos Eaters in Lost Izalith.
- You have to talk to Sieglinde at Firelink Shrine after helping Siegmeyer in Lost Izalith to make them appear in Ash Lake.
- After killing the beasts with Siegmeyer and if he survived with >50% health, you can quickly return to Firelink Shrine to talk to Sieglinde for some extra dialogue. This is not required to continue the quest.
Video Guide of Siegmeyer of Catarina's Events
|Emit Force||Report that you've opened the gate to Sen's Fortress by ringing both bells|
|Tiny Being's Ring||Report that you've killed all the Silver Knights in the room next to where he appears in Anor Londo|
|Pierce Shield||Giving him a Purple Moss Clump in Blightown.|
|Speckled Stoneplate Ring||Killing all the Chaos Eaters before talking to him, or having him end the battle with them below 50% health.|
- Armor: Catarina Armor
- Left Hand: Pierce Shield
- Right Hand: Zweihander
- Rings: Blue Tearstone Ring
- Spells: none
- Special: none
| Alvina of the Darkroot Wood | | Anastacia of Astora | | Big Hat Logan | | Blacksmith Andre | | Blacksmith Rickert of Vinheim | | Blacksmith Vamos | | Crestfallen Merchant | | Crestfallen Warrior | | Crossbreed Priscilla | | Darkmoon Knightess | | Darkstalker Kaathe | | Daughter of Chaos | | Domhnall of Zena | | Dusk of Oolacile | | Eingyi | | Elizabeth | | Giant Blacksmith | | Griggs of Vinheim | | Hawkeye Gough | | Ingward | | Kingseeker Frampt | | Knight Lautrec | | Laurentius of the Great Swamp | | Lord's Blade Ciaran | | Marvelous Chester | | Nico of Thorolund | | Oswald of Carim | | Patches the Hyena | | Petrus of Thorolund | | Quelana of Izalith | | Reah of Thorolund | | Shiva of the East | | Sieglinde of Catarina | | Snuggly | | Solaire of Astora | | Undead Merchant | | Undead Merchant (Female) | | Vince of Thorolund | | Witch Beatrice |