Chaos Eater is an Enemy in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. Enemies are hostile creatures that respawn when players rest at a Bonfire or upon death. Special enemies that do not respawn are classified as Bosses, Mini Bosses or Invaders.
Chaos Eater Description
A sickly yellow, inverted cone-shaped enemy that is covered in eyes. A gaping, tooth-ringed mouth opens at the top and their multiple, suckered appendages make a hollow popping noise while walking.
- 1,000 souls
- Red Titanite Chunk (10% Chance)
- Red Titanite Slab (0.3% Chance)
- White Titanite Chunk (0.2% Chance)
- Tentacle Slam.
- Spits corrosive acid that breaks weapons and armor.
- Grab attack where it proceeds to eat you. Can be escaped by repeatedly pressing L1/R1 in order with no damage done to you.
- Fight them at a range or try to attack their backs. These enemies have an acid spray which will rapidly degrade every piece of gear you have equipped. Also have a grab attack similar to the Ents in Darkroot Forest, so watch out.
- There is an area in Lost Izalith that collapses, dropping you down into pit that is full of them. These enemies are especially dangerous if you fall into the poisonous area nearby, making the fight far more difficult. Kiting is your best option in this instance.
- The poison swamp pit is maze-like but contains several bottomless, square holes where the Chaos Eater(s) can be made to walk over (and fall into) for an easy kill.
- Chaos Eaters are very weak to fire and lightning.
- The Chaos Eater vaguely resembles the a walking Sarlacc pit