Great Stone Knight
|HP||190 (NG+ 436 )|
|Drops||600 Souls (NG+ 2400 )
Great Stone Knight is an Enemy in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. Enemies are hostile creatures that respawn when players rest at a Bonfire or upon death. Special enemies that do not respawn are classified as Bosses, Mini Bosses or Invaders.
Great Stone Knight Information
A very tall, heavily armoured knight found lying down in various parts of Darkroot Garden that wields a stone greatsword and greatshield. It would seem they've been here for quite some time as their armour is encrusted with vegetation from lying dormant on the forest floor for so long. When you find one it'll be asleep on the ground, but as soon as get close enough it will start getting up, and once on it's feet it will start to come after you.
- 600 Souls (2.400 NG+)
- Stone Greatsword (2% Chance)
- Stone Greatshield (2% Chance)
- Various sword slashes and combos - can be blocked, but eats stamina
- Spell: Tranquil Walk of Peace
- If you don't get close enough they will stay asleep, so most of them can be avoided entirely once you know where they are lying.
- A huge portion of the HP can be eroded while they get up off the ground - simply stand directly behind them as they wake and hit them with two-handed strikes before they have a chance to attack - but once they're up you should attempt to stay behind them to deal the last few blows in order to avoid their attacks.
- They can cast Tranquil Walk of Peace to slow you down greatly - which can devastate assassin/stealthy build - but it wears off after around 40 seconds, or will dissipate upon their demise. If you see them casting the spell this is the time to go all out on them, as the cast time is long and lets you get 2 or 3 two handed attacks in with enough time to switch back to sword and shield.
- They're weak against strike/blunt weapons and fire damage also seems to be effective
- They are fairly easy if you have enough space to circle around. Just keep strafing with your shield up and wait for an attack, then counter when he's open.
- Has high defense against slash, thrust, and lightning damage.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Zweihandler +5 with 24 strength is 2 hits on these guys, maybe people should start o get good, freaking casuals.
I'm playing for the first time and I can't move at all when they cast Tranquil Walk of Peace on me. I watched a walkthrough video and the guy in it is still able to swing his sword at them.I can't even lift my arms. My character just stands there and wiggles. I don't even think I can walk and I know I can't roll. It appears my +5 uchikata is not the right weapon though. I got one knight down to very little life before he cast that spell and then he killed me in 3 hits. I lost 5k souls which at this stage in the game is at least one level up.
I tried to get to this ring in the video and there was a knight blocking my way. In the video he runs behind the knight and starts attacking and even thought the knight still stood up and cast Tranquil Walk of Peace he was still able to attack. I tried it. Got some hits in and then when Tranquil Walk of Peace was cast i was frozen in place and he killed me. I figured at this point I have no souls to lose so I tried to practice with one in the lower first area through the white fog and first I couldn't even get any hits in as he was standing. Maybe it was because I was in front of him but nothing was working. Then I got trapped by Tranquil Walk of Peace and was dead in 3 hits. I'm about to rage quit and this is after I've beaten Elden Ring several times.
They farm for easy souls use any upgraded greatsword or just get behind them with Drake sword have at least 16 dex and they are easy kills when they cast you can slash them up before they finish casting
I have never encountered one and now I can't find them for their shield/sword for the trophy ;-;
Used to think these guys were complete bastards due to the Tranquil Walk Of Peace they cast on you, Until i found out that they have a terminal weakness to "Just run at them and beat the turds out of them"
I’m going to f***ing bomb Fromsoftware if I die to these f***ers one more f***ing time!!!
The Strategy Section talks about running away from them? Its supposed to Show ways to defeat them.
And they are completely invincible while standing up.
Does someone want to trade a Stone shield for a stone sword? I got 20 swords but need the shield for the achievement and at this point I wonder if they will ever give it to me.
Has anyone looked into the lore implications of these guys? Could they be the decayed version of the Stone Guardians of the Royal Wood?
look guys i was just trying to take a stress walk in the woods I've died 10 times today so i wanted to chill
i've got a +10 Claymore, the two handed heavy attack punches through them like water through a paper bag
curiosity they are left handed just like artorias and ivory king
SL35 with a Zweihander. Despite slash damage, it obliterates stone knights. 2 2H R2 and they're done for. Elite Knight set is enough to trade and get the kill.
how are you supposed to deal with these guys with dex weapons? they immediately cast TWoP on me and then thats that.
They are weak to bashing weapons. A +5 reinforced club with 12 strenght two handed takes them down in two hits. Note: their Tranquil Walk of Peace lasts only 10 seconds
For some reason their standing up animation is invincible on my game.