|Deals high Toxic damage in a period of time as long as 10 minutes, lasting until cured, expiration or death.|
Toxic is a gameplay mechanic in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. It is a debuff status effect, an auxiliary special effect, and a damage type.
General Information for Toxic:
- Deals high Toxic damage in a period of time as long as 10 minutes, lasting until cured, expiration or death.
- The number in the weapon info means how much damage the poison will do in 1 minute,not the buildup.
When exposed to Toxic, a build-up bar will appear at the middle of the screen.
- The size of the bar is determined by the player's poison resistance.
- If the exposure stops, the bar will slowly decrease by 5 point per second (in 10 second you or enemies will restore 50 point).
- The ailment will take effect when the bar is full.
Once the toxic bar is full, your health bar will begin to decrease rapidly.
Deals high Toxic damage in a period of time as long as 10 minutes, lasting until cured, expiration or death.
- Toxic give by Sniper Dart will last only 3 minutes but it is the most deadly.
- Toxic has similar visual and audio queues to poison, but is darker in color.
- Reduces stamina regeneration by 15 per second.
Using any of these methods or items will both cure and reduce any toxic buildup.
Weapons, Items with Auxiliary Effect, Toxic:
Enemies, Bosses and Characters with Auxiliary Effect, Toxic
- Skeleton Baby (Buildup: 30, DoT: 7/sec, Total Damage: 4,200)
- Blowdart Sniper (Blighttown - Buildup: 80, DoT: 14/0.6 sec (only lasts 3 minutes), Total Damage: 4,200)
- Engorged Hollow (AoE Attack) ( Painted World of Ariamis - Buildup: 150/sec, DoT: 8/sec, Total Damage: 4,800)
- Snow Rat (Painted World of Ariamis - Buildup: 30, DoT: 5/sec, Total Damage: 3,000)
- Mini Bosses
- Nito (Buildup: 58, DoT: 8/sec, Total Damage: 4,800
- Toxic and poison have their own separate resist meters. You can be poisoned and have toxin at the same time.