Magic Damage is a Damage Type in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. It is one of eight damage types presented in the original game and one of the four Elemental-type damages.
Equipments, Items & Spells that cause Magic Damage
- Weapons, Ammunition and shield imbued with Magic Damage
- Weapon Ascension to Divine Upgrade Path, Enchanted Upgrade Path, Magic Upgrade Path and Occult Upgrade Path
Equipments, Items & Spells that increase Magic Damage
- Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring (Magic damage: +20-26% depending on spell and it stacks with Crown of Dusk)
- Red Tearstone Ring (Boosts damage by 50% when health is below 20%. Also affects damage done by magic, pyromancy and miracles)
- Crown of the Dark Sun (10% boost to the damage of all spells, including miracles (except for weapon augments).
- Crown of Dusk (20% boost to the damage of most Sorceries, Miracles and Pyromancies, but lowers Magic defense by 30%.)
- Power Within (40% boost to all types of damage for 100 seconds, at the cost of draining health)
Equipments, Items & Spells that increase Magic Resistance
- Spell Stoneplate Ring
- Speckled Stoneplate Ring
- Blue Tearstone Ring (Boosts physical, magical, flame and lightning defenses by 50% when health is below 20%)
- Starting Armors
- Light Armor
- Big Hat's Set
- Dingy Set (Gives the highest magic defense compared to all armor sets when fully upgraded)
- Painting Guardian Set
- Xanthous Set
- Medium Armors
- Heavy Armor
- Starting Armors
- Moonlight Greatsword (+40 magic defense)
- Dragon Greatsword (+20 magic defense)
- Dragon King Greataxe (+20 magic defense)
- Dragon Tooth (+20 magic defense)
- Drake Sword (+15 magic defense)
- Dragon Bone (+15 magic defense)
Enemy Magic Damage Sources
- Oolacile Sorceress
- The Channeler
- Royal Sentinel
- Serpent Mage
- Great Stone Knight
Enemies susceptible to Magic
Enemies Resistant to Magic
Enemies Immune to Magic
Notes and Trivia
- Magic is effective against enemies resistant to Physical-type damage and knights using heavy armor.
- Magic is ineffective against enemies using magic or created by sorcery.
Bleed ♦ curse ♦ Divine ♦ Fire Damage ♦ Lightning Damage ♦ Occult ♦ Physical Damage ♦ Poison ♦ Slash damage ♦ Strike Damage ♦ Thrust Damage ♦ Toxic
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Moonlight items are on this list twice...
How do I get Rickert to add magic damage to a weapon? Does it need to be +5 or +10?
From what I can guess, enemies/bosses that have some form of a magic attack (Quelaag's AoE explosion for example) could be somewhat resistant to magic.
Not helpful. How do you check your current magic damage output. You can check your physical damage don't make sense to me. Ps to anyone reading my grammar and spelling are trap sorry