The Duke's Archives
|Health *||NG: 181-397|
|Souls *||NG: 800-1,000|
The Channeler is an Mini-Bosses in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
The Channeler Information
Equipped with a Trident and the Channeler Set, these mighty mages are able to dish out a lot of damage, both physical and magical. They also have the ability to buff enemies within their range, making their attacks much more effective.
- Channeler's Trident (1%)
- 800-1,000 Souls
- The one in The Depths will buff the area boss, the Gaping Dragon, if not killed prior to the fight, make sure to save yourself some unnecessary hardship.
- The two Channelers in The Duke's Archives are able to buff each other once in range of each other.
- The Channelers can see you through the Ring of Fog's invisibility, rendering it futile.
- They seem to be weak to fire.
- The eyes on the channelers serve to compensate for The Paledrake's blindness.
- The channelers assist in Seath's research, and snatch away women from near lands.
- Channelers helped establish a connection between dragon servants and rows of eyes.
- This tradition brought forth the Alonne Knights (DS2) and Mendicants (DS3) (read more)
|The Duke's Archives||387||608||800||1600||Yes|
This long ranged attack can be devastating with low magic resistance, but has a slow build-up and can easily be dodged.
Within melee distance, the Channeler will repeated melee thrust with his trident. Can deal a very decent amount of damage, especially when buffed.
Channeler's War Dance
This is the Channeler's infamous buff; a dance that almost doubles the damage he deals as well as that of all his allies, within a close range. Buffed enemies will have a blue aura around them.
When damaged, a Channeler teleports to a different location. Although it charges for a long period, he is invulnerable to damage during this time. Use this time to
Strategy 1 - Melee
Since a Channeler teleports upon taking damage, engaging one in melee combat can be a challenge. The key is to wait for one of his longer attacks, and then to stagger him. So take a fast weapon that doesn't drain lots of stamina (e.g. a spear) and get close. Now wait until either, he start to dance or does a trident thrust attack - if he does then get behind him -, when this happens it's your cue to unleash as many attacks as possible. If staggered, teleportation is a no no, and you're able to get him quick.
A Channeler will die in as few as two or three hits with the Drake Sword. Just remember to pick him off alone - don't engage him in a group of enemies, unless it's absolutely vital.
Strategy 2 - Ranged (Undead Parish)
After you defeat the Tower Knight, get behind the pillars near the Fire Keeper Soul then take your bow out, and shoot the Channeler repeatedly. Hide behind the pillars to avoid the Soul Arrow attack. Headshots will stagger him, restricting use of his abilities. The Hollows will just stand there. This makes the unbuffed Hollows much easier to deal with
Strategy 3 - Alluring Skulls
Alluring Skulls can draw the normal enemies away from Channelers. It may not sound like much but it vastly decreases the threat of these mages since they will be unable to buff anything near to them. For example, at the Undead Church you can throw one down by the benches to get the Hollows away. A prime example of reducing the amount dealt with at once. Another tactic is to toss an Alluring Skull away from the Channeler then kill it as its nearby minions are distracted.