|Requirements & Bonus|
The Moonlight Greatsword is a Weapon in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
This sword, one of the rare dragon weapons, came from the tail of Seath the Scaleless, the pale white dragon who betrayed his own."
"Seath is the grandfather of sorcery, and this sword is imbued with his magic, which shall be unleashed as a wave of moonlight."
How to Get / Where to Find the Moonlight Greatsword
- Acquired by cutting off Seath the Scaleless' tail.
- Player must cut the middle tail off, you must hit the end of the tail for the tail to come off. The best way to do this is to make sure you are as light enough to run quickly. Run over and stand by the crystal you need to destroy in order to damage him at the start of the fight, and wait for him to shuffle over and do a breath attack. His attack will take a few seconds, then shatter the crystal which will stun him giving you plenty of time to chop or Soul Spear his tail off. The tail should fall off after about 500 damage and after patch 1.05 it gets directly transfered into your inventory, so there no longer is the possibility of losing the weapon for the playthrough, when cutting Seath's tail, while it's tip containing the weapon is inside the wall. You acquire the weapon, even without finishing off Seath.
Hints and Tips:
- Give to Frampt to receive 5000 souls.
- The Moonlight Great Sword's heavy attacks fling blades of magic at the enemy, which explode on impact. This useful ability, however, cannot be used too often, as each swing reduces the durability of the weapon by 20 or 40 points, depending on if you are wielding it one or two handed. These ranged heavy attacks have heavy knock-back, sending foes flying or knocking them down upon impact.
- It also raises Magic defense by 40.
- The Intelligence damage scaling has greatly reduced effectiveness past 40 Intelligence. Up to and including 40 Intelligence, each point of Intelligence adds about 7 damage with a fully upgraded Moonlight Greatsword. Above 40 Intelligence, each point of Intelligence adds about 2 damage with a fully upgraded Moonlight Greatsword.
- Pure magic damage, useful moveset and fairly low stat requirements make moonlight greatsword one of the more popular PvP weapons.
- The moonlight sword has been found in almost every single From Software game, all the way back to the first King's Field game.
- The sword is part of a long line of moonlight greatswords.
Youtube relevant videos:
Moonlight Greatsword Upgrade Table
Dragon Upgrades may be performed by any Blacksmith, as long as you have the required materials.
Dragon Reinforcement Scales 136% for Intelligence to increase your AR.
To reach max, you need: 50,000 souls and 10 Dragon Scales