|Requirements & Bonus|
Moonlight Greatsword is a Weapon in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
This sword, one of the rare dragon weapons, came from the tail of Seath the Scaleless, the pale white dragon who betrayed his own."
"Seath is the grandfather of sorcery, and this sword is imbued with his magic, which shall be unleashed as a wave of moonlight."
How to Get / Where to Find the Moonlight Greatsword
- Acquired by cutting off Seath the Scaleless' tail.
- Out of the three tails, player must cut the middle one, by hitting the end of the tail until it comes off. Make sure you are lightweight enough to run quickly. Run over and stand by the crystal you need to destroy in order to damage the boss at the start of the fight, and wait for him to shuffle over and do a breath attack. Wait for his attack to end in a few seconds, then shatter the crystal which will stun him giving you plenty of time to chop or Soul Spear his tail off. The tail should fall off after about 500 damage.
- After patch 1.05, the sword gets directly transfered into your inventory, so it is no longer possibile to lose it for the playthrough, after cutting Seath's tail and leaving it's tip containing the weapon inside the boss arena. You will acquire the weapon, even without finishing off Seath.
Hints and Tips:
- Can be given to Kingseeker Frampt to receive 1 Soul.
- Moonlight Greatsword can be upgraded by using Dragon Scales.
- The Moonlight Great Sword's heavy attacks fling ethereal blades of magic at the enemy, which explode on impact. Each swing of this ability reduces durability of the weapon by 20-40 points, depending on whether you are wielding it one or two handed. These ranged heavy attacks have heavy knock-back, sending foes flying or knocking them down upon impact.
- Wielding the sword raises Magic defense by 40.
- The Intelligence damage scaling has greatly reduced effectiveness past 40 Intelligence. Up to and including 40 Intelligence, each point of Intelligence adds about 7 damage with a fully upgraded Moonlight Greatsword. Above 40 Intelligence, each point of Intelligence adds about 2 damage with the fully upgraded sword.
- Pure magic damage, useful moveset and fairly low stat requirements make Moonlight Greatsword one of the most popular PvP weapons.
- This sword is part of a long line of Moonlight Greatswords, dating back to the 1994 King's Field game developed by From Software.
Youtube relevant videos:
Moonlight Greatsword Upgrade Table
Dragon Upgrades may be performed by any Blacksmith, as long as you have the required materials.
Dragon Reinforcement Scales 136% for Intelligence to increase your AR.
To reach max, you need: 50,000 Souls and 10 Dragon Scales.