|Requirements & Bonus|
Obsidian Greatsword is a Weapon in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
This greataxe, one of the rare dragon weapons, is formed by the tail of the one-eyed black dragon Kalameet, the last of the ancient dragons. The mystical power of its obsidian blade will be released when held with both hands."
How to Get / Where to Find the Obsidian Greatsword
- Obtained by cutting off the tail of Black Dragon Kalameet. This is difficult to do, as the opportunities to do this without ranged weapons are short and infrequent without the help of phantoms.
- Give to Frampt to receive 100 souls.
- The Two-handed R2 creates black flames over a 360-degree Area of Effect around the user. Note that the flames deal physical damage and not fire damage. These flames cause significant poise damage and almost always stagger targets, including bosses. For this reason, the sword can be used very effectively against Artorias, among others, notably during the long windup to his charge attack.
- When the strong Two-handed attack is used 50 durability is consumed.
- Only 14 Strength is required to use it if held in both hands.
- Despite being referred to as a Greataxe, it is classified as Greatsword. It is a simple typo, and this weapon is actually a Greatsword.
- This weapon can also be buffed. Buffing this weapon also increases the damage dealt by the special R2 attack, dealing an appropriate amount of damage of the type determined by the buff. For example casting Sunlight Blade and then using the Two-Handed R2 not only causes it to deal more damage, but to deal that extra damage as Lightning elemental damage.
Youtube relevant videos: