|Requirements & Bonus|
This greataxe, one of the rare dragon weapons, is formed by the tail of the one-eyed black dragon Kalameet, the last of the ancient dragons. The mystical power of its obsidian blade will be released when held with both hands."
How to Get / Where to Find the Obsidian Greatsword
- Obtained by cutting off the tail of Black Dragon Kalameet. This is difficult to do, as the opportunities to strike the tail without ranged weapons are short and infrequent without the help of phantoms.
- Can be given to Kingseeker Frampt to receive 100 Souls.
- Obsidian Greatsword can be upgraded by using Dragon Scales.
- Two-handed heavy R2 attack creates black flames over a 360-degree Area of Effect around the user. These flames deal Physical and Magic damage, and not Fire damage. The flames inflict significant poise damage and almost always stagger targets, including bosses. For this reason, the sword can be used very effectively against Artorias the Abysswalker, among others, notably during the long windup to his charge attacks.
- This strong two-handed R2 attack consumes 50 weapon durability when cast. You can use this attack 7 times until this weapon's durability drops to 0 points and it breaks.
- Only 14 Strength is required to use this sword if held in both hands.
- Despite being referred to as a Greataxe in-game, this weapon is classified as Greatsword.
- This sword can also be buffed. Buffing it also increases the damage dealt by the special R2 attack, dealing an appropriate amount of damage of the type determined by the buff. For example casting Miracle: Sunlight Blade and then using the two-handed R2 not only causes it to deal more damage, but to deal that extra damage as Lightning elemental damage.
Youtube relevant videos:
Obsidian Greatsword Upgrade Table
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!