|Requirements & Bonus|
Crystal Greatsword is a Weapon in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
A fully crystallized straight sword. How such a weapon was created is entirely unknown."
"The crystallization boosts its attack, but makes the blade brittle. The sword cannot be used for long, as it cannot be repaired."
How to Get / Where to Find the Crystal Greatsword
- Purchased from Domhnall of Zena (6,000 Souls).
Hints and Tips:
- Can be given to Kingseeker Frampt to receive 1 Soul.
- Like all Crystal weapons and armor, cannot be upgraded or repaired.
- Quite a useful weapon for new players going through the Depths and beyond. It has more durability than regular Crystal weapons and its AR and moveset is roughly the same as a Bastard Sword at +8. Buying one to use solely for bosses can make Gaping Dragon and Chaos Witch Quelaag, and even the Iron Golem for Dexterity focused characters, much easier to solo.
- Be wary when seeing this weapon in PvP, for it is rarely actually used. nstead, it is most likely a hacked version that does ~1100 damage while in one hand. This weapon is especially deadly since, being a greatsword, it can easily break your poise and drain your stamina if you are trying to block its swings.
Youtube relevant videos:
Crystal Greatsword Upgrade Table
Regular Reinforcement Scales 58% for Strength and 52% for Dexterity to increase your AR.
|Attack Values||Parameter Bonuses||Damage Reduction (%)||Stability|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
The weapons you buy from Domhall doesn't increase your weapon level so low level invasions are a must with this. So evil
Is it just me, or is this weapon really small and dinky-looking for a Greatsword?
Unto dust you shall return...
You know what would be cool? It would be cool If when the durability in this Things running low, instead of breaking, the Crystals would disappear, revealing a more beautiful Weapon with a little bit less damage which is normally upgradeable. Thatd be very cool.
This sword is actually not that bad, considering that it's a greatsword and it does not deal such bad damage.
Also, how the hell do you get a hacked crystal GS?
Crystal Only Run.
The crystal greatsword seems to be effective in early game due to its low stat requirement and good damage but aside from this niche however, it's a mediocre pick overall due to the limitations to crystal weapons that are similar to said greatsword. It can't be upgraded nor repair, not lasting longer than something like the claymore, it doesn't deal enough damage for mid game and it is completely outclassed by the claymore. The claymore is lighter, deals more damage at the long-run and it's easier to obtain while also can be buff with an enchantment. Only use the crystal greatsword in mid game if you really want to find a cheap greatsword, but otherwise the claymore is always a better option.
Can anyone confirm if this counts as a crystal upgrade path weapon in remastered, thus changing your weapon matchmaking to the lvl 4-15 range?
I think I may have messed up my low level invasion character by buying this from Domhall.
I had kept everything no higher than +5 to match with +0-11 weapon levels.
I swear it seems like I don't find invasions as easily since buying it.
so does this make your weapon matchmaking +10? or +5?
"Be wary when seeing this weapon in PvP, as it is rarely actually used. Instead, it is most likely a hacked version that deals ~1100 per swing in one hand. This weapon is especially deadly since, being a greatsword, it can easily break your poise and drain your stamina if you are trying to block its swings."
I'm pretty sure hacked weapons proc a softban if you have them in your inventory in dsr, so this is only true if you are on the original.
terrible range and speed. Crystal Straight Sword is better
Can I use gold resin pine on this weapon?
Does Anyone know how many strength points u need in order to Wield this weapon single handedly.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST
this weapon looks pretty cool, almost looks like a chinese jian without the crystals. is there like a 3d model of this sword out there without crystals? it would be interesting to make in my opinion.