Blowdart Sniper is an Enemy in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. Enemies are hostile creatures that respawn when players rest at a Bonfire or upon death. Special enemies that do not respawn are classified as Bosses, Mini Bosses or Invaders.
Blowdart Sniper Description
These Blighttown inhabitants are guarding certain areas around Blighttown.
Small darkly clad enemy that attacks using toxic darts. They are hard to spot because of their dark attire and the overall darkness of the area. Following the path of their blowdarts will usually lead you to them though..
- 500 souls
- Purple Moss Clump (70% Chance)
- Purple Moss Clump x2 (30% Chance)
- Blooming Purple Moss Clump (10% Chance)
- Blows poison darts that inflicts Toxic.
- The toxic they inflict is the most lethal version you will encounter. It drains 32 HP each second for 10 minutes if un-cured.
- The darts they shoot will also push you back when blocked.
- When you get up close they will push you, or run away to commence fire from afar.
As soon as you see your toxic bar fill up, put up your shield and run back. Try to put something in between you and the sniper and determine his position. From here you have 2 options:
- Snipe them right back. They have very little health, so a couple of arrows should easily kill them.
- Run straight at them with your shield raised. Again, little health so a few whacks over the head should do the trick.
There are 4-5 snipers in a wastewater pit, right above the waterwheel, guarding a Fire Keeper Soul. If you have enough life, just suck it up and kill them all in one swoop making sure to use Estus as health gets low.
- 0 poise characters can literally be pinned to the wall when several of the snipers attack together.
- Have some Blooming Purple Moss Clumps at the ready, or pray that one of them drop some, to cure the deadly toxic.
- The Spider Shield is recommended against them as it protects very well against poisons. This shield combined with a Rapier or a Spear is a good combo, since you can attack with your shield up.
- The Snipers will take small steps forward with every shot, and will eventually fall off if they stand close to an edge. Make them shoot at you, then hide behind something that blocks their attacks, and many of them will eventually fall and die.
- Inoculating yourself with Dung Pies is also an option, since it inflicts a lot less damage than the darts (You can't be poisoned while poisoned).