Giant Mosquito is an Enemy in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. Enemies are hostile creatures that respawn when players rest at a Bonfire or upon death. Special enemies that do not respawn are classified as Bosses, Mini Bosses or Invaders.
Giant Mosquito Information
Respawning bugs that follow you. They are able to inflict poison, but this is not that big an issue in the poisonous swamp.
- 30 Souls
- Sting, inflicts poison.
- Repeated stings, that quickly depletes stamina when blocking. Also poisonous.
- Spits blood, inflicts poison.
Watch out if more than one reach you in close combat, they have a three hit combo that is very similar to their standard two hit combo. This can be very deceptive and catch you off guard. The three hit combo also leaves no time for an opening if they choose to repeat it instead of spitting blood at you. It is advised to back away from them as much as possible to do range or hope a melee attack hits them during an opening. It is possible to have at least four of these mosquitoes surround you at once so take them out whenever you can.
- They will follow you and always attack in pairs, if you climb upwards they will get stuck under platforms. Beware, they seem to take priority over what you can lock onto. They attack quickly, and can prove deadly if you're fighting other enemies at the same time.
- They are particularly vulnerable after they shoot poison at you.
- Quick weapons like a dagger take them down in two strikes, and are easy to hit them with.
- Usually 1 shot of basic soul arrow or a well-timed crossbow shot will kill them.
- A Spider Shield and a Rapier is also effective, since you can attack while blocking their poisonous attacks.
- Some weapons have issues with hitting them, but ranged weapons and a few spells (such as Combustion) are reliable and will usually kill them in one hit, but it may be considered a waste to use spells against them.
- Throwing Daggers are also effective against them, especially since they are equipped as an item and won't interfere with your preferred weapons.
The mosquitoes that rise out of the swamp will respawn 3 times each when killed (patch 1.05), before the patch they respawned infinitely. After the patch they also drop some souls when killed.
DEATH, MISERY. KILL KILL KILL
lol thicc mosquiktick
Ah yes, just like actual mosquitoes in real life, annoying af
Tiny hitbox, respawns seemingly infinitely, detection range spanning the entire map, drops nothing of worth at all, poisonous.
This is the cancer
i hate these so much, most annoying enemy in DS
There’s a pretty off-putting bug (no pun intended) with these things, when you use Soul Arrow on them the Soul arrow curls away from them as if they had a force field around them. Don’t know why Soul Arrow is listed as a strategy to kill them when this is true.
I dont get why anyone is bothered by these things. They move slowly, barely deal damage and die in 1 hit. I just ignore them.
Against these pests every build has an option.
Most builds can use Throwing Knives, Light Crossbow and the Dagger. They work well.
For Dex builds you have Bows and Katanas. Use them.
For Strength builds use Great Hammers or Dragonking Greataxe. You'll be thanking me later.
Quality builds have Lucerne. Anything with overhead attacks can also manage.
For Pyromancers Fireballs and eventually Fire Whip will suffice. Kill them with fire, LOTS of fire.
For Sorcerers just use Hidden Body and get away from them. Free aiming a Soul Arrow isn't worth the risk or effort.
These things have the worst hitboxes ever.
If anyone doesn’t like these things but want to collect items are the swamp, a bow is the best way to deal with them. All other ranged moves have a high chance of missing these a-holes but a locked on bow it’s 100% of the time so long as they aren’t point blank (still usually work). I recommend short bow, it requires very little dex to use.
can't even hit them with my great scythe
I sure do love it when my Black Knight Halberd, a weapon made to kill demons, goes right through a mosquito and does literally nothing to it :^)
I f***ing hate these things!