|HP||290 (NG+ 590)|
|Drops||400 Souls (NG+ 1600)
Banshee is an Enemy in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. Enemies are hostile creatures that respawn when players rest at a Bonfire or upon death. Special enemies that do not respawn are classified as Bosses, Mini Bosses or Invaders.
There's only two banshees, they have glowing red eyes, and will scream when you get close. They are holding a newborn baby against their chest. The shrieking banshee can also throw lightning at you.
- 400 souls (NG+ 1600)
- Transient Curse x2 (5% Chance)
- Ghost Blade (1% Chance)
- Shoots lightning, with a serious stagger/knockback effect. Can do this multiple times in a row.
- Close ranged Grab, then stabs you in the gut. If her attacks are being blocked for too long, she will pass through player's shield, regardless of blocking, and use this ability on him.
New Londo's Ghosts and Banshees cannot normally be blocked or harmed by the player; however, there are three ways to enable combat:
- Become cursed: A distinct disadvantage, leaving you at half your normal hp, but you will not need to renew it throughout the segment.
- Use a Transient Curse item: The female undead merchant in the aqueduct will sell you up to six for 4,000 souls a piece. There are a couple placed drops in the New Londo Ruins area itself, and the ghosts there may also drop two Transient Curses at a time. Transient Curses will last for 5 minutes, but can leave you very surprised when they run out, suddenly leaving you unable to block and hit.
- Use only the cursed weapons: Ghost Blade, Jagged Ghost Blade or Greatsword of Artorias (cursed). Note that the ghosts attacks also goes straight through normal shields and armor when you are uncursed, so you might as well fight naked. High poise is also useless, since they'll stagger you no matter the amount of poise. The Ring of Steel Protection will lessen the damage taken (same with high humanity), and you are also able to block with your cursed weapon when it's 2-handed. Do not engage multiple ghosts uncursed!
|New Londo Ruins||290||590||400||1600||Yes|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
**** these guys
Do banshee's in this game keep stabbing the player after dying or was that my imagination???
I think there are three. If you drain the ruins and go to the building with a very large amber, on the third floor behind a corner there is a banshee, but you can't reach it with melee because there's no floor under her and you most likely won't be able to land a shot on it because she's behind an obstacle.
Their lightning attack barely has a tell. You can notice it, but it's still garbage compared to the tells in DkS3.
If you hold your shield up for long enough, they'll eventually just pass through and slit your throat
zzz accidentally killed this guy when I first saw him, saw his outline and thought he was another ghost and attacked him then he wouldn't un-aggro to me so I had to kill him guess i'll get his spell in ng+
How come banshees can attack us when we aren't in a cursed state but we cant??
Ghosts of mothers and their newborn children who died in the flooding, talk about ultimate sacrifice (based on the bodies at the floodgate)
I was always killing them instantly and did not know they can to anything besides screaming until I read this page
Poise is the banshee. That's why it doesn't work