Wheel Skeleton (Bonewheels)
|239 ~ 348||167 ~ 244||239 ~ 348||299 ~ 435||183 ~ 267|
|163 ~ 237||251 ~ 366||S||S||S|
|HP||134 ~ 196 (NG+ 273 - 310 )|
|Drops||400 - 800 Souls (NG+ 1600)
Wheel Skeleton (Bonewheels) is an Enemy in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. Enemies are hostile creatures that respawn when players rest at a Bonfire or upon death. Special enemies that do not respawn are classified as Bosses, Mini Bosses or Invaders.
Wheel Skeleton (Bonewheels) Information
These skeletons wear a big wooden-spiked wheel, allowing them to roll towards you at high speed, thus inflicting a large amount of damage if in their way. The first encounter with these annoying foes takes place at the bottom of The Catacombs, just before the entrance of the lair of Pinwheel. Can also be found in the Painted World of Ariamis. When killed, there is a small chance that they'll drop a Bonewheel Shield.
- Bonewheel Shield (2% Chance)
- High-speed rolling. When they see you, they jump and roll towards you, inflicting a large amount of damage and depleting your stamina bar very quickly.
These things are positively horrid, and capable of dealing utterly ridiculous damage. If blocked they may not stop spinning until your stamina is completely gone, leaving you defenseless. If one hits you, you will not be allowed to roll or raise your shield until you die and respawn, or he clips off of your character and rolls past you.
Despite their low HP, skeletons wheels can be a serious threat as they can catch you in their wheels, depleting your stamina very quickly, leading to a certain death. Do not attack them in group, and try to lure them into a wall by dodging. Don't use your shield unless you have a very strong one.
- In The Catacombs, death against them can be very frustrating if you don't pay attention because they are located at the very end of the level, just before the Pinwheel's lair (they are approximativly 4 or 5). Also, be wary of the Black Knight wielding an axe in the area if you don't have yet defeated him (combat against multiple wheel skeletons and the black knight at the same time can be very tricky). Try to lure them out one at a time towards the narrow corridor you came in where they can hit walls and stop rolling, giving you the opportunity to slay them as they are unable to attack when standing up (combustion is a good way to one-shot them). You can also try to shoot them at distance with a bow, the best location to do this being the small room where you fight the Axe-wielding Black Knight (they won't be able to reach you). If you don't want to fight them, you can also try to dash towards the white fog, just be careful to avoid them and not get caught in their way.
- Whenever possible, roll to avoid them as they close in and then attack them once they run into a wall and stop spinning. A decent strategy is to fight them one at a time and use a shield/spear combination to attack with your guard up. Warning: the large open room at the bottom of the Catacombs holds about seven of these things, and if you enter it without first killing the Black Knight in the room above he will drop down and attack you from behind while you deal with the Bonewheels. The ones in The Painted World of Ariamis are commonly hidden behind breakaway walls at the bottom of the well, and will attack with very little warning.
- It's possible to block their rolling with a good shield like an Eagle Shield+10 or Hollow Soldier Shield+10 and decent stamina (although if you can avoid it then avoid it).
- Equipping the Slumbering Dragon ring below the Painted World will help you identify them, making them a little more predictable. Combining the Fog Ring and the Slumbering Dragon ring should allow a player to get within spell range (specifically Homing Soulmass range) without being noticed by the Wheel Skeletons.
- Possessing a high vitality, poise and medium roll speed would make the fight almost trivial, simply wear any light armor such as Knight Set, Elite Knight Set or Dark Set and then equip Wolf Ring and Havel's Ring, it would make the Wheel Skeletons harder to stunlock you with their rolls while you can land a hit easily.
|Painted World of Ariamis||196||310||800||1600|