The Parasitic Wall Hugger is a Mini Boss in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. Mini Bosses are hostile creatures that do not respawn after being killed.
A strange living entity comprising of a bulbous sack attached to a wall via a set of legs. There's only one of these and it stops players from accessing a powerful Pyromancy scroll in Blighttown, but can be killed in order to access it.
- No drops when killed, but once it's dead you gain access the Pyromancy scroll Power Within.
- Claw Stomp - It will raise its left claw when you get within range and stomp it to the ground. Can be blocked from the side, but will knock you back.
- Claw Sweep - Will sweep its three claws violently from side to side. Cannot be blocked and will knock you off the edge to your death.
- Don't go too close to its front.
- It's advisable to shoot it with arrows, magic or other ranged attacks.
- If you climb up the long ladder close by and find your way to the passage above it, you will gain access to it's rear. A few well placed melee attacks will take it out. It is defenseless when attacked from behind, so use any method to kill it. (you can't see it's healthbar when you attack it from behind, since it shows above its head)
- It's possible to do a long Plunging attack from the ledge in front of the tunnel above. The wallhugger will sometimes be invisible when you stand above it, so just aim the attack beside the corpse on the platform.
- It can also be killed with arrows from the platform above the waterwheel, close to the valley of drakes entrance.