The Parasitic Wall Hugger is a Mini Boss in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. Mini Bosses are hostile creatures that do not respawn after being killed.
Parasitic Wall Hugger Description
A strange living entity comprising of a bulbous sack attached to a wall via a set of legs. There's only one of these and it stops players from accessing a powerful Pyromancy scroll in Blighttown, but can be killed in order to access it.
- No drops when killed, but once it's dead you gain access the Pyromancy scroll Power Within.
- Claw Stomp - It will raise its left claw when you get within range and stomp it to the ground. Can be blocked from the side, but will knock you back.
- Claw Sweep - Will sweep its three claws violently from side to side. Cannot be blocked and will knock you off the edge to your death.
- Don't go too close to its front.
- It's advisable to shoot it with arrows, magic or other ranged attacks.
- If you climb up the long ladder close by and find your way to the passage above it, you will gain access to it's rear. A few well placed melee attacks will take it out. It is defenseless when attacked from behind, so use any method to kill it. (you can't see it's healthbar when you attack it from behind, since it shows above its head)
- It's possible to do a long Plunging attack from the ledge in front of the tunnel above. The wallhugger will sometimes be invisible when you stand above it, so just aim the attack beside the corpse on the platform.
- It can also be killed with arrows from the platform above the waterwheel, close to the valley of drakes entrance.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Wouldn't be a souls game without atleast one absolutely goddamn disgusting enemy which is one of the most horrifically gross things in any video game that is purely there to freak you out and gross the hell out of you
nice squid! *pops several soul arrows*
Nope nope nope so much ****ing nope, just looking at this thing makes me convulse in disgust.
You can kill it by hitting it's leg, provided that you have a long weapon.
HA HA HA HA HA PEN1S
Just kill it will bow lmao it's not even moving.
this and those flying bugs make blighttown even worse of an experience than it should be.
NO DON'T KILL IT WTH FIRE, KILL WITH A PAINTING GUARDIAN SWORD! WITH A BUFF! I KILLED IT THIS WAY SO IF I CAN KILL IT, YOU SHOULD ALSO BE ABLE TO KILL IT, IM MAX LEVEL SO KILL IT!!!!
ngl the first time i saw this thing it was just EW WTF IS THAT
I chilled beside this thing watching it do the stomp attack trying to judge the range with my shield up and it used that other attack which I didn’t know about at the time and I jumped out of my fkn skin with the fright I got, had a decent 20+ vitality health bar which was gone in one second. Had to take a break after.
Shouldn't this be classified as a mini-boss since it never respawns?
It’s strange in my game I have shot it a ton and no damage happens and no life bar appears
odd their's only one aye? I wonder if it could be connected to Xanthius King Jeremiah...
You can access Power Within without killing the hugger, just roll under it and you'll find a spot close enough to pick up the pyromancy
KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!!!
Really odd enemy who seems to do way more damage than any boss previously encountered. And then it has the audacity to only give you 1000 souls once you kill it.
Killed it with arrows. Health is about 570~630 on NG.
This guy was so pathetic and they only put in one...