|HP||992 ~ 1240 (NG+ 1815 - 1946 )|
|Drops||1000 - 3000 Souls (NG+ 3000 - 6000 )
Symbol of Avarice
Silver Coin ×5
Crystal Knight Shield
Very Good! Carving
Mimic is an Enemy in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. Enemies are hostile creatures that respawn when players rest at a Bonfire or upon death. Special enemies that do not respawn are classified as Bosses, Mini Bosses or Invaders.
Mimics are enemies disguised as a treasure chest, hence their name. They are patiently waiting for a gullible adventurer to come walking straight into their greedy clutches. Even though they are creatures mimicking a chest, they still have unique treasures inside; which are most likely undigested possessions from their previous victim. Mimics will not respawn after they have been slain.
- Symbol of Avarice (0.1% Chance)
- Lightning-infused Spear (Guaranteed)
- Crystal Halberd (Guaranteed)
- Occult Club (Guaranteed)
- Gold Coin (Guaranteed)
- Silver Coin ×5 (Guaranteed)
- Crystal Knight Shield (Guaranteed)
- Enchanted Falchion (Guaranteed)
- Crest Key (Guaranteed)
- Very Good! Carving (Guaranteed)
They look very similar to normal chests, but there are a couple of ways to tell them apart.
- All chest have a chain attached to its right side. A Mimics chain is shaped like a straight line, while the chain of a normal chest is more curved.
- By looking at a Mimic with the binoculars or a bow, you can see the lid opening around every 10 seconds when it takes a breath.
- If you look closely, you'll notice that the colour of a mimic's chest is paler than a regular chest.
Interacting with an idle Mimic
- If you open a Mimic chest normally, it will grab you and attempt to eat you whole. You can escape its hold by repeatedly tapping L1/R1 in order with minimal damage, or, if you survive this, the mimic will spit you out and go back to sleep.
- If you attack the chest instead, it will rise up and reveal itself. Prepare to fight.
- If you throw a Lloyd's Talisman at the Mimic, it will open the lid without waking up so you can grab the goodies inside. This is very convenient when farming for the Symbol of Avarice, since they do not respawn.
- If you want to get a Symbol of Avarice it is recommended to punch the Mimic, then throw a Lloyd's Talisman
at the mimic to stun it. Repeat this until you get the item.
- Left or Right hand punch.
- Flying Kick.
- Grab. This attack will be lethal to most players since it's practically the same attack as the one where it grabs
you if you try to open it while sleeping, however it is possible to get out early of this attack with button-mashing L1/R1 in order.
- A double-handed jump attack with a strong weapon will take off a chunk of it's health before it's even gotten up.
- Try to stay behind to avoid its attacks.
- If it grabs you, either while asleep or during the fight, repeatedly tap L1/R1 (LB/RB) to escape its grab with minimal damage.
- It can also be killed with Poison Mist, without waking up. (toxic as well?)
- You may throw a Lloyd's Talisman at an enraged mimic to stun it, giving you time to land free hits on it.
- Lightning Spear
- Crystal Knight Shield
- Enchanted Falchion
|The Duke's Archives||1240||1946||3000||6000||Yes|