Darkwraith Knight is an Enemy in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. Enemies are hostile creatures that respawn when players rest at a Bonfire or upon death. Special enemies that do not respawn are classified as Bosses, Mini Bosses or Invaders.
Darkwraith Knight Information
The Darkwraiths are the servants of the Four Kings, the former rulers of New Londo who fell to dark. They are the enemies of man, and any living thing that has a soul. The entire city was once sacrificed and flooded to contain them, for that is how great a threat they were. They were never meant to roam again.
Guarding the lower area of the New Londo Ruins, these fierce servants of The Four Kings are equipped with a Darksword and a Dark Hand as a shield. They can grab you if you stand in front of them too long, and drain your humanity in the process. The grab is telegraphed by a white light pulsing from their offhand. Quite quick, but easy to circle around and backstab. Easily can 4 shot you if your guard falls from the initial strike. Don't let them surround you.
- 1,200 souls (3,600 NG+)
- Titanite Chunk (8.47% Chance)
- Titanite Chunk x2 (0.32% Chance)
- Titanite Slab (0.21% Chance)
- Dark Hand (1% Chance)
The Darkwraith Knight is very offensive, he will walk towards you and use a variety of attacks. First off, if you use your shield to guard this attacks, he will kick you reducing stamina, so a shield with good stability and total protection against physical damage is recommended. His blows are very fast and can swing for 2 consecutive attacks like the dark knights do. He uses the Dark Hand in two ways, a warping black shield and a death grab. If you get hit by the latter, you will see how your character is thrown to the ground and hurt badly.
- To defeat the Darkwraith Knight with ease, wield your shield very close to him, wait for the kick animation or the grab spell then back off a little and smack him for 1 or 2 hits.
- You can wait for his attack animation to finish and hit him one or two times. Be careful has the number of swings he throw at you may vary from 1 to 4.
- As usually known in Dark Souls, try not to fight them in groups.
- Extreme caution may be necessary to avoid being swarmed. Darkwraiths have a very long aggro range and are totally invisible for most of it. Several of them could be running your way long before you know it.
- While making their moves, they cannot be interrupted, as some other enemies. This can keep you stunlocked. If your move won't kill them, always stay with shield up until they finish their combos, or else you will get hit.
- They are very easy to backstab.
- The Dark Hand grab also steals one humanity point if successfully executed.
- They're also susceptible to parries. Their running stab attack is easily parried, so try to bait them into doing this. Else block or evade their entire combo and parry the last overhead swing, or block the first two-handed overhead attack and parry the follow-up.
- The True Greatsword of Artorias has a damage modifier against Darkwraiths, so it's very useful when exploring the New Londo Ruins.
|New Londo Ruins (lower level)||525||888||1200||3600||Yes|
Notes & Trivia
- Some believe them to be freedom fighters, defenders of the human race, but they may rather represent evil Humanity.