Titanite Shard is an Ore in Dark Souls.
Titanite Slab Usage
- Reinforce standard weapons to +15, Crystal and Lightning weapons to +5, reinforce standard armour to +10
Titanite Slab Location
- Drop: Crystal Lizard, Stray Demon (Northern Undead Asylum) on return, Rare drop from Darkwraiths (New Londo Ruins)
- Siegmeyer quest line reward
- (AotA Only) Royal Woods: In a chest behind waterfall in Kalameet's area
- Ascends Standard, Crystal, or Lightning weapons to their maximum potentials (+15, +5, and +5, respectively).
- One is dropped by killing the Stray Demon in the Northern Undead Asylum.
- One can be found in a chest near a waterfall in the area where you fight Black Dragon Kalameet. Defeating him is not necessary to obtain it. (AotA only)
- One is given to you if you successfully complete Siegmeyer of Catarina's storyline.
- They are extremely rarely dropped by Darkwraith Knights in the lower New Londo Ruins. This is the only place where they can be farmed. For more information, see Titanite Farming.
- Drop from Crystal Lizard in the The Great Hollow. (Confirmed on 11/30/12) Killing all 10 Lizards usually results in at least 1 Titanite Slab, sometimes as many as three.
- Titanite Chunks display the rune "Eihwaz", which means "yew". This significance of this is discussed here.