Mass of Souls is an Enemy in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. Enemies are hostile creatures that respawn when players rest at a Bonfire or upon death. Mini Bosses or Invaders that do not respawn are classified as Special Enemies.
Mass of Souls Information
A large blob of flesh and ooze with something that faintly resembles a face at the front. It came into being from the myriad of drowned souls that were forsaken at the time of New Londo's flooding, and was left to rot in the flood waters.
- Mouth Spear Lunge - an over sized spear comes out of the Mass's 'mouth' and extends straight forward over a surprisingly long distance.
- Mouth Spear Slam - a closer range attack with the spear will come out a little and then slam the area directly in front of the Mass.
- Ooze Attack - shoots out ooze that, if it comes in contact with the player, will slow them down greatly and also cause damage over time.
- Wisp Spawn - creates a Wisp.
They have a lot of health, but are not too hard to deal with once you get them on their own - but there-in lies the challenge, as they're found in buildings that are also occupied by Darkwraith Knights. Not only that, but they can also spawn Wisps to deal with too. So, you should first and foremost attempt to grab the attention of any nearby Darkwraith Knights and lure them away to be dealt with separately. Once they're gone, attempt to lure in and explode any Wisps they've produced and once they're gone then it'll be just you and the Mass. A simple strategy at this point is to just circle around it and attack from the sides or from behind, as it has a slow turning circle and all of it's melee attacks are front facing. Ranged attacks are also a viable option.
They are weak to fire, so pyromancies are a viable option against them.
- This enemy was likely inspired by the Human Darkness of Berserk (read here)
|New Londo Ruins (Lower)||2059||3480||5000||15000||No|