|Requirements & Bonus|
|Attack Type||Slash / Thrust|
Dark Silver Tracer is a Weapon in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
A dark silver dagger used by the Lord's Blade Ciaran, of Gwyn's Four Knights.
The victim is first distracted by dazzling streaks of the Gold Tracer, then stung by the vicious poison of this dagger."
How to Get / Where to Find the Dark Silver Tracer
- Acquired from Lord's Blade Ciaran alongside the Gold Tracer, in exchange for the Soul of Artorias, or by killing her (you can't acquire the daggers twice). Ciaran can be found in the same place you encounter Knight Artorias, after you defeat him, and will ask for his Soul. Refusing will not make her hostile. Killing her causes her to drop both the tracers and her armor as loot if you have not traded the soul. (Causing her to appear may require you to reload or warp somewhere else after defeating Artorias) It is important to note that if the player speaks to Ciaran and refuses to give her the soul, she will disappear from your game forever when next you reload the area.
Hints and Tips:
- Give to Frampt to receive 50 souls.
- A very serviceable early and mid-game weapon for backstabs and ripostes, especially for Dexterity-oriented builds, offering the highest boost to critical damage of any weapon. This is further increased when paired with the Hornet Ring.
- Unique R2 attack that causes toxic buildup. Good for pairing with the Gold Tracer in the offhand, so that the user benefits both from the Gold Tracer's unique moveset in the left hand and the Silver Tracer's toxic inducing heavy attack.
- Often used in conjunction with the Gravelord Sword for builds oriented around inflicting Toxic, either switching between the two for alternating attack speeds or, less commonly, by wielding the Gravelord Sword in the offhand (the weapon is less effective when used in this manner as it loses its distinctive thrust attack in exchange for rapidly switching between the two weapons attacks.)
Youtube relevant videos:
Dark Silver Tracer Upgrade Table
Unique Upgrades are performed by any Blacksmith or by using the Weapon Smithbox.
Regular Reinforcement Scales 10% for Strength and 145% for Dexterity to increase your AR.
To reach max, you need: 10,000 souls and 10 Twinkling Titanite.