|Requirements & Bonus|
|Attack Type||Slash / Thrust|
Dark Silver Tracer is a Weapon in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
A dark silver dagger used by the Lord's Blade Ciaran, of Gwyn's Four Knights.
The victim is first distracted by dazzling streaks of the Gold Tracer, then stung by the vicious poison of this dagger."
How to Get / Where to Find the Dark Silver Tracer
- Acquired from Lord's Blade Ciaran alongside the Gold Tracer, in exchange for the Soul of Artorias, or by killing her (you can't acquire the daggers twice in one run). Ciaran can be found in the same place you encounter Knight Artorias, after you defeat him, and will ask for his Soul. Refusing will not make her hostile. Killing her causes her to drop both the tracers and her armor as loot if you have not traded the soul. (Causing her to appear may require you to reload or warp somewhere else after defeating Artorias).
- It is important to note that if the player speaks to Ciaran and refuses to give her the soul, she will disappear from your playthrough forever when next you reload the area.
Hints and Tips:
- Can be given to Kingseeker Frampt to receive 50 Souls.
- Dark Skilver Tracer can be upgraded by using Twinkling Titanite.
- A very serviceable early and mid-game weapon for backstabs and ripostes, especially for Dexterity-oriented builds, offering the highest boost to critical damage of any weapon. This is further increased when paired with the Hornet Ring.
- Unique R2 attack inflicts Toxin buildup. Good for pairing with the Gold Tracer in the offhand, so that the user benefits both from the Gold Tracer's unique moveset in the left hand and the Silver Tracer's toxic inducing heavy attacks.
- Often used in conjunction with the Gravelord Sword for builds oriented around inflicting Toxic, either switching between the two for alternating attack speeds or, less commonly, by wielding the Gravelord Sword in the offhand (the weapon is less effective when used in this manner as it loses its distinctive thrust attack in exchange for rapidly switching between the two weapons attacks).
Dark Silver Tracer Upgrade Table
Unique Upgrades are performed by any Blacksmith or by using the Weapon Smithbox.
Regular Reinforcement Scales 10% for Strength and 145% for Dexterity to increase your AR.
To reach max, you need: 10,000 souls and 10 Twinkling Titanite.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
i love daggers
this fishbone turned gwyn into joke i don't even know if he had a second phase or nah
"Very serviceable early to mid game weapon"
Bruh, you literally have to kill the hydra, get the lordvessel, get the broken pendant from the Duke's Archives, and then kill the Sanctuary Guardian AND Artorias before you can get this.
This + Horned Ring = Wet dream of every backstaber / riposter.
this helped me blitz through the kiln and ruin gwyn rip cinder bozo
You were indicted
Prepare to get one shotted!
R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 *parry*
Trash weapon. Only teaches you to spam r1
Rating weapons based on looks:
Looks actually quite good and at the same time all messed up, i find it very cool
srsly "early to mid game weapon"??? uhmmm you cant get there til at least the end game (i consider DLC/lord souls areas endgame and anorlondo midgame) but still i got it on a str character and i loved its moveset paired with the gold tracer so i might do a dex build with that
I keep trying to justify replacing this in my pvp load out. Unfortunately every time I think about it I pop power within and oneshot backstab someone.
Nasty, irritating, cancerous.
-some bumbling giantdad wannabe.
this dlc really inspired a lot of stuff in bloodborne. fast paced combat, the cleric beast design, marvelous chester, and the tracers look a lot like the blade of mercy imo
I love it’s stingray tail like design which really makes it’s critical damage all the more believable
>early and mid game weapon
ah so dlc content, which is unlocked after visiting duke's archive, is considered early game now?
how can this weapon not show auxilary toxic effect in remastered? seems like I hit people so many times they cannot get toxic effect. I tired stabbing it doesnt work either. any clues?
does she come back in ng+ ?
The Dark Silver Tracer actually has a Parry if you wield it in your offhand instead. The only Question is if you want a parry over the Gold Tracer additional movement ( its restricted to a unique Strong R2 otherwise in your mainhand ) probably mostly a Question in terms of Playstyle
This thing is absolutely insane it easily deals 1200 damage in one riposte on gwyn with the hornet ring not only that the gold tracer easily let's you stun lock gwyn
Im already tracer
i want this
Soooooo I have this now. I am using this with gold tracer and OMG. I backstabbed someone and it did 2x the damage of my maxed gravelord sword...the toxic builds up FAST too...not to mention the toxic strong attack transitions into a normal attack well... If you use the tracers in the right hands the gold does both halves of its strong attack string using the attack buttons
What makes this so good? New player here.
this page doesn't mention the toxic build up from the strong attack mentioned on the Golden tracer page
This is almost the page for the Dagger, just copy-pasted over with some small tidbits of editing. I'm fairly certain such a weapon hasn't appeared in Demon Souls at all :P