Ingward, the Guardian of the Seal, is a Character in Dark Souls.
Resides on a rooftop in New Londo Ruins, dressed in crimson robes, he holds a Tin Banishment Catalyst in his right hand and a Ghost Blade in his left. He is the last remaining of the three New Londo sorcerers who long ago undertook the task of guarding the seal; to pay atonement for all who were sacrificed when they sealed away the darkness. Two of the three former healers have since forsaken New Londo, after tiring of their duties. Rumors are that Yulva took her healing arts to Blighttown, what became of the last one is not known.
- He will cure the player's Curse status for 1 'Liquid' Humanity. If you have none, then use your Humanity item first.
- He also holds the Key to the Seal, used to drain the valley. He will give it to the player after the Lordvessel is acquired, but he can also be killed for it to drop.
- He was one of the sorcerers called in to seal away the Four Kings and flood New Londo.
- On top of the roof in upper New Londo Ruins. He's wearing red. Climb the ladder inside the fireplace to reach him.
- Talk to him after defeating the Four Kings, and he will move to Firelink Shrine.
- Key to the Seal
- 1000 Souls
- With Dark Hand's R2 move you can steal 3 humanity before he dies. (must use the move 3 times)
- Important Note: On the PC PTD Edition, killing Ingward is currently bugged, and he may not always drop the Key to the Seal. It is currently unknown what causes this, but the key becomes completely unrecoverable (quitting/loading or visiting the chest in Fire Link Shrine do not work) effectively preventing you from completing the game.
- Armor: Crimson set
- Left Hand: Ghost Blade
- Right Hand: Tin Banishment Catalyst
- Rings: n/a
- Spells: Heavy Soul Arrow, Great Heavy Soul Arrow and Remedy
- Special: n/a