Darkmoon Knightess is a Character in Dark Souls. After becoming undead, she visited the Dark Sun Gwyndolin at the Mausoleum of the Spiral Depths, became a Blade of the Darkmoon, and assumed the flame-keeping duty. She received the Brass Set armor, which hides her hideous form and helps her hunt the guilty.
The player will meet this character upon visiting the first bonfire of Anor Londo. There is little conversation to be had, until the Lordvessel is received. Then she'll mention the success and talk a little about Seath, among other subjects.
- The Anor Londo bonfire will die out if the keeper is killed, however it can still be warped to.
- If the player joins the Blade of the Dark Moon Covenant, she will mention that the player is "one of them".
- If the player attacks Dark Sun Gwyndolin, the NPC will become hostile. She will still be in the bonfire area, and the bonfire can't be used with her around it.
- If the player attacks Gwynevere, the NPC will also become hostile. She will then be at the bottom of the stairs to the cathedral.
- The bonfire will function as normal while she is on the other side of the map.
- She will try to parry almost every attack if given the chance. Her weapon buff is not very powerful, but her parries will drain a lot of health if successful.
- Play it safe with backstabs, parries, jumping attacks or ranged attacks.
- She wields an Estoc and a Parrying Dagger.
- She also buffs her sword with the Darkmoon Blade miracle, she can do this 5 times in a row.
- Fire Keeper Soul
- 1000 Souls
- Armor: Brass set
- Left Hand: Parrying Dagger and Darkmoon Talisman
- Right Hand: Estoc
- Rings: none
- Spells: Darkmoon Blade
- Special: 5 casts of DMB
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
HOLY ****ING **** A DEX USER
Ah, I missed this one!
Actually she is pretty normal uder that armor. If you use some kind of mod that will remove her helmet or armor you will she is normal female NPC in human form with ponytail hair. So whole thing about her hideous form exists only in game lore.
If you kill Gywndolin then go absolve your sins the Knightess is still hostile.
Where does the name "Lady of the Darkling" come from? I've never seen it referenced in game
I was doing an all-content run as a wanderer at the moment I was a fast-rolling Oscar. Because I wanted to save solaire, I joined dark servant covenant and gave the fair lady 30 humanities. Then, I let lautrec to kill the firekeeper of firelink shrine, because I wanted to invade him and upgrade my estus flask with her soul. And so, I had to kill gwyndolin. I really liked the darkmoon knightess as a person, but had to kill her. Now my only firekeeper is disturbing, gross spider and her terrible servants. Poor fast rolling Oscar.
“Lady of the Darkling” sounds incredibly stupid.
I went down that elevator across from the bonfire when she was agroed and she fell down the hole and died
not a estoc
i recently killed her and examined her sword whilst blocking her attacks. the colors are wrong and the guard sweeps up and down instead of straight like an estoc, plus its a bit shorter i think. all in all not an estoc
Best firekeeper tbh
No humanity for dark handing her.
Will killing her affect joining the Blade Of The Dark Moon?
What is meant by "her hideous form"? As in disfigured, or that she is not actually human?
Is there any benefit for keeping her alive and not making hostile
This lady is a abomination or have any mutation under her armour, is mention in the description of the brass set
If Darkmoon Knightess falls off because she walks off the rotating bridge, re-load the game and go to the main Anor Londo bonfire she is normally at and her firekeepeer soul will appear there and not where she fell off.
Does killing this fire keeper count as a betrayal to the darkmoon covenant? And can you still join the darkmoons if you kill her first?
WARNING! Some a-hole posted a ds3 spoiler further down the list. Don't look if you don't want to know...
is it possible to revert her state by absolving sins after killing gwyndolin?
in ds3 you will get a holy infused parring dagger as a reward if you helped Sirris out. maybe a reference to the Darkmoon Knightess because Sirris is never useing a dagger.