Attunement is a Stat in Dark Souls. Attunement is a stat that Increases the number of Attunement Slots available in Dark Souls.
Attunement Information & Notes
Increases the number of Attunement Slots available for Pyromancies, Sorceries, and Miracles.
- Each Spell has a limited amount of charges. Spells of all three branches of Magic can be attuned to multiple slots for more total charges
- Spell Charges are restored by resting at a Bonfire
- Wearing special rings can increase the number of Attunement slot:
- The White Seance Ring which grant more Attunement slot by 1.
- Darkmoon Seance Ring which grant more Attunement slot by 1.
- Leveling Attunement past 50 has no effect other than having a higher level, so stopping here is recommended
- The maximum possible number of Attunement Slots is 12 slots (having at least 50 points in Attunement and equipping both rings)
- Glitch Notes: Sometimes when gaining a new attunment slot, if a spell is not acquired right away, the atunment slot may become unusable
Attunement Slots ♦ Bleed Resist ♦ Curse Resist ♦ Dexterity ♦ Endurance ♦ Equip Load ♦ Faith ♦ Fire Defense ♦ Health ♦ Humanity ♦ Intelligence ♦ Item Discovery ♦ Level ♦ Lightning Defense ♦ Magic Defense ♦ Physical Defense ♦ Poise ♦ Poison Resist ♦ Resistance ♦ Stamina ♦ Strength ♦ Vitality
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
This skill deserves more potential than just unlocking slots. Especially since most casters get by with 20-25 points, which corresponds to 5 slots for an exquisite selection of spells. I also have a problem with the logic that you need 45 dexterity to cast spells faster, while the attack speed of dexterity based weapons remains unchanged.
Real casters level attunement
Step 1: Go for 99 resistance before leveling up anything else
Step 3: Success
To get the most out of your points:
- 1-2 Slots for primarily melee. Typically used for bare-essentials Pyromancy options
- 3-4 Slots for melee with caster options. Typically used for hybrid or buff builds that want some offensive spells.
- 5-6+ Slots for primarily casters. Typically used by casters to stack spells for more casts.
In my opinion I believe the the Dark Souls Remaster has the worse variation of Attunement especially since it should have been fixed, and lazily wasn't. It can have been more akin to DS2 or even DS3's variation of Attunement albeit slightly toned down to fit original Dark Souls 1 design (considering in DS2 Attunement also increased casting speed).
Usually best leveled to 16-19 Att for most casting builds. It give the most slots for the least investment.
10-14 Att is good if you're using Pyromancy for a secondary weapon
I would only reccommend 23-34 Att if you're a dedicated Pyromancer or are using a hybrid casting build such as Int/Faith/Pyro.
42-50 Att is the most you should ever go. Going above 50 Att is pointless.
To be honest Attunement is probably the second worst stat after Resistance, which is a shame because in my play trough I do prefer having the most versatility possible, and slots are a great way to get that, but having to spend so much for a stat that gives you barely anything despite needing more and more points per slots is just a poor way to implement that
So coming from ds3 to dsr I was a little confused on how somethings worked, and the wiki has been useless, because it says that spells can be attuned to multiple slots, but I can no do that with heavy soul arrow, does that apply only to certain spells or am I missing something?
Is there any way to revert this Glitch?
I swear I feel like my lock-on range is longer with 99 attunement (only did that because of a night of drunken stupidity on a randomly made char)... that, and my spells also travel faster, and area of effect larger. Not by much, but it feels like it's there at 99. Can someone confirm these?
in my opinion attunement is the worst stat in the game. only limpies would ever invest in this horrible stat. the only worse stat is strength which is arguably useless overall. if you noobs use strength or attunement you should git gud
11 int but 0 slots
Yo attunements r op