Large Divine Ember is an Ember in Dark Souls.
Large Divine Ember
Ember required for weapon ascension.
Large Divine Ember Location
- Obtained from a dead blacksmith who is among several giant skeletons in Tomb of Giants.
- From the first Bonfire (near Patches) climb up the ladder and go right, then follow the narrow path until you get to a big tomb. Enter by climbing down the ladder in a small opening.
Large Divine Ember Usage
- Given to Blacksmith Andrei to allow him to ascend a +5 Divine weapon to +10.
Large Divine Ember Notes
- When entering the area containing the Large Divine Ember, be prepared due to the 4 giant skeletons guarding the body and item. Be extra vigilant in this dangerous area.
- One way to get the ember without killing any skeletons is by jumping across the gap where the ladder is located. This will allow circling the top of the pit containing the giant skeletons. Once above the ember, equip a Ring of Sacrifice drop down quickly grabbing the ember and then either dying or attempting to escape. You can also equip the Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring to move around the skeletons before they begin to attack you.
- Lightly equipped characters with pyromancy spells or firebombs, it is possible after entering the giant coffin with the giant skeletons to run and jump over the gap described above, and running all the way to the end of the right side. This will aggro all of the skeletons into a group below you, and they will only very rarely be able to hit you. If you lock on and cast some pyromancy spells you can hit them all with the splash damage. The corners at the end of the room work best when attempting this maneuver. If necessary move back and forth along the ledge to re-aggro and get them into another group. You must be close to the edge while casting, being careful not to fall to a quick and certain death at the hands of the giant skeletons.
- Before descending the first ladder leading into the tomb, equip the Ring of Fog and the Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring and unequip any lit items. Descend the ladders down to the floor of the tomb and lure the large skeletons one by one either by proximity or arrows.
- If using a bow to shoot down upon the giant skeletons, they tend to bunch up directly underneath the ledge, where they are incapable of being hit. To lure them back out into the open, use the Aural Decoy spell.