These are the covenants which seek to lend assistance to other players through the use of the white sign soapstone, or through special abilities that assist their allies in cooperative player-versus-environment play. Note that while these covenants may be co-op flavored, there are still ways for members of these covenants to invade and kill other players, and even something as seemingly innocuous as a group healing spell can be a dangerous weapon in the hands of a savvy invader.
This is the earliest covenant available to the player, and can be joined by speaking to Petrus in Firelink Shrine. Two of the character classes, the Knight and the Cleric, are already in this covenant when they start the game. This covenant does not have a unique multiplayer item, nor does it have any covenant-restricted items or spells. The player cannot gain ranks in this covenant.
There is no known way to break this covenant except by abandoning it.
This covenant is available after defeating Ornstein and Smough in Anor Londo. This covenant does not have a unique multiplayer item, and it has two covenant-restricted miracles: Bountiful Sunlight and Soothing Sunlight**. The player cannot gain ranks in this covenant.
Attacking Gwynevere, the Sunlight Princess, will break this covenant. Killing Gwynevere will turn Anor Londo dark and the player will be subject to Darkmoon Covenant Ring invaders, whether or not they were in the Princess Guard covenant.
- This covenant groups the player with other Princess Guard covenant members more often when online, giving them access to more assistance and making it less likely to encounter players from hostile covenants.
- The player receives the Ring of the Sun Princess upon joining this covenant, which boosts the effectiveness of Miracle Synergy. Wearing the ring gives a boost equal to standing near one resonance sign, and wearing the ring while standing near one resonance sign gives a "double boost", which is the same as standing near three resonance signs without the ring. There are no further synergy boosts beyond a double boost.
The player can find this covenant at the sunlight altar at the end of the Hellkite Drake bridge after the Taurus Demon. The player must have at least 25 faith to join, with the requirement dropping by 5 every time the player is summoned by another player online and helps them defeat a boss. This covenant does not have a unique multiplayer item, but when the White Sign Soapstone is used the player's summon sign will be gold instead of white to show other players that he or she is a Warrior of Sunlight. Joining this covenant is necessary to get the Lightning Spear, Great Lightning Spear, and Sunlight Spear miracles, but only the Sunlight Spear is covenant restricted. The player can gain ranks in this covenant, and must be at least +1 to gain to gain the Great Lightning and Sunlight Spear miracles. Players in the Warrior of Sunlight covenant and all other summoned/allied players will be awarded a Sunlight Medal for defeating a boss together. Sunlight Medals are not awarded to Warriors of Sunlight who defeat a boss on their own. Players in the Warriors of Sunlight covenant can offer Sunlight Medals at the Sunlight Altar to gain covenant ranks.
There is no known way to break this covenant except by abandoning it. Even attacking and killing Solaire will not break this covenant.
- Players in this covenant will have a golden summon sign and appear as a golden phantom when summoned to another player's world.
- Players who defeat a boss with a member of the Warriors of Sunlight (either summoned or as the host) will receive a Sunlight Medal, as will the Warrior of Sunlight player.
- This covenant groups the player with other Warrior of Sunlight covenant members more often when online, giving them access to more assistance and making it less likely to encounter players from hostile covenants.
- Players in this covenant can cast the Sunlight Spear miracle.