Princess Guard is a Covenant in Dark Souls. This is the covenant of Gwynevere, daughter of Gwyn, and Princess of Sunlight. It is based around healing, and is especially useful for cooperative players with very high faith.
You will receive the Ring of the Sun Princess for joining.
Miracle: Bountiful Sunlight and Miracle: Soothing Sunlight become available to use. They can be obtained by killing the two crying Pisaca at the bottom of the Archive Prison Tower, in the Duke's Archives.
Effects of covenant
- Players inside this covenant are matched up more easily with each other during online play.
- Players are able to use the healing miracles Soothing Sunlight and Bountiful Sunlight (as stated above). Both miracles are the only miracles that allow the caster to heal friendly players in co-op, which enables a Princess Guard member with high Faith to be a very effective party healer and support character. In particular, Soothing Sunlight heals all affected players very quickly during the initial part of the casting animation, unlike most Heal-type miracles which only heal the caster as the animation is completed. This allows an observant Princess Guard to heal themselves and other players almost as soon as they get into trouble.
- Miracles' synergy occurs more often.
- The Ring of the Sun Princess boosts miracles' synergy, which increases the power (healing, damage, etc.) of certain miracles by various percentages.
There are no ranks in this covenant.
Players leaving the covenant will no longer be able to use the two above miracles. Killing Gwynevere will, in addition to making it impossible to rejoin the Covenant during the current playthrough, break the sun illusion in Anor Londo, darkening the city. Turning Anor Londo dark also affects the number and type of enemies found in the area, and may subject the player to increased Darkmoon Blade invasions. Getting kicked out of a covenant is one way to get a sin. (PvP Sin)
- Covenant: Princess Guard - discover Princess' Guard covenant. ( 25 points + Silver Trophy )