Hawkeye Gough, once one of the four knights of Gwyn and leader of the Greatarchers and dragonslayers, now blinded and locked up. He passes the time by making archtree Carvings.
- Right after Artorias the Abysswalker, stairs opposite the Battle of Stoicism Gazebo.
- Need Crest Key to unlock the door to his area.
- Helps the player with defeating the Black Dragon Kalameet.
- After the player went at least once to Kalameet's area (no need to die or fight him), he will ask the player if he is having trouble and needs help. Answering yes both times will result in a cutscene in which Gough takes down Kalameet with his bow. Answering No in either will result in him not helping the player. If you answered No by mistake, and want his help, you can make him ask the question again by leaving the area and comeback, then talking to him, and selecting the option "Talk" from the dialogue menu.
- Kalameet can only be killed with ranged weapons, from within the boss area, before Gough shoots him down.
- Once Kalameet is grounded, his status is changed to area boss, and the Royal Woods area is once again open for multiplayer.
- Gives Gough's Greatbow as a gift after defeating the dragon.
- If you wish to acquire his bow without defeating Kalameet, you can kill Gough and he will drop it among his set. If you kill Gough after he gifts his bow you, only his set will be dropped.
Due to being blind, the Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring keeps him from hearing you. When attacked, he'll know where you are for 2-3 attacks then idles by looking around for you. Once his HP is at half, his attack count goes from 2-3 to 3-7. HIGHLY recommended that Gough is fought using a great shield, fast weapons , and fast rolling.
- I.E. Balder side sword with 20 DEX unbuffed can kill him if you have the patience.
Another way to easily dispose of Gough is to equip the Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring and pelt him with Dung Pies to turn him toxic. With the ring, he won't hear you throwing them, and since they do no actual damage, hitting him with them does not count as an attack and as such he will not attack you, simply standing there as you pelt him with dung. Upon turning toxic, he will know where you are and attack; if you avoid him he will lose you again, walk to the side of the arena opposite the ladder, and stand there while the toxin kills him. It will take 3 or 4 full toxin effects to finish him, but you can kill him easily with this strategy if you have about 30 Dung Pies and some patience.
- Fist smash
- Ground swipe
- Full body slam (Takes up 80% of the area; greatsword SOMETIMES blocks the attack. VERY high chance that this attack will kill you)
- Elbow drop (Takes up 50% of the area; can be blocked and dodged by rolling to the side)
- Any greatshield
- Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring
- Light or no armor
- Fast weapons (Katana, Straight swords, Curved swords)
|Dung Pie||Inflicts toxin||200|
|Homeward Bone||Return to last bonfire rested at||300|
|Hello Carving||Archtree carving: "Hello"||5|
|Thank you Carving||Archtree carving: "Thank you"||5|
|Titanite Shard||Strengthen regular weapon to +5||800|
|Large Titanite Shard||Strengthen regular weapon to +10; Raw weapons to +5||3,800|
|Green Titanite Shard||Strengthen Magic, Divine and Fire Weapons to +5||4,800|
|Gough's Great Arrow||Can only be used with Greatbows||650|
- Hawkeye Gough and the Giant Blacksmith seem to know each other. Gough refers to him, questioning if he is still hammering away, and the Blacksmith owns a chest with the Hawk Ring in it. They are also both Giants, but is not clear how they are related.
- The description of Pharis Hat says that Gough is one of the four knights of Gwyn.
| Alvina of the Darkroot Wood | | Anastacia of Astora | | Big Hat Logan | | Blacksmith Andre | | Blacksmith Rickert of Vinheim | | Blacksmith Vamos | | Crestfallen Merchant | | Crestfallen Warrior | | Crossbreed Priscilla | | Darkmoon Knightess | | Darkstalker Kaathe | | Daughter of Chaos | | Domhnall of Zena | | Dusk of Oolacile | | Eingyi | | Elizabeth | | Giant Blacksmith | | Griggs of Vinheim | | Ingward | | Kingseeker Frampt | | Knight Lautrec | | Laurentius of the Great Swamp | | Lord's Blade Ciaran | | Marvelous Chester | | Nico of Thorolund | | Oswald of Carim | | Patches the Hyena | | Petrus of Thorolund | | Quelana of Izalith | | Reah of Thorolund | | Shiva of the East | | Sieglinde of Catarina | | Siegmeyer of Catarina | | Snuggly | | Solaire of Astora | | Undead Merchant | | Vince of Thorolund |