Divine Ascension in Dark Souls
|Divine ascension adds bonus Magic Damage and Divine Auxiliary Effects. It also increase Faith scaling and magic defense of the shields per upgrade level. However, it reduces Strength and/or Dexterity scaling.|
Divine Upgrades are a type of Upgrade in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. They enable players to "Ascend" weapons and shields in a specific path.
Divine Upgrade path and Requirements:
Divine Upgrades for weapon and shield are performed by Andre of Astora at the Undead Parish.
Note that each upgrade level requires a number of soul that varies depending on the weapon.
- Ascension from Regular +5 to Divine +0 requires a Divine Ember and Green Titanite Shard to ascend.
- Divine upgrade from +0 to +5 requires 9 Green Titanite Shards.
- Divine upgrade from +5 to +6 requires a Large Divine Ember and White Titanite Chunk to ascend.
- Divine upgrade from +5 to +9 requires 7 White Titanite Chunks.
- Divine upgrade from +9 to +10 requires a White Titanite Slab.
From 0 to +5
- Divine upgrade from +0 to +1 requires 1 Green Titanite Shard.
- Divine upgrade from +1 to +2 requires 1 Green Titanite Shard.
- Divine upgrade from +2 to +3 requires 2 Green Titanite Shards.
- Divine upgrade from +3 to +4 requires 2 Green Titanite Shards.
- Divine upgrade from +4 to +5 requires 3 Green Titanite Shards.
From +5 to +9
- Divine upgrade from +5 to +6 requires 1 White Titanite Chunk and a Large Divine Ember.
- Divine upgrade from +6 to +7 requires 1 White Titanite Chunk
- Divine upgrade from +7 to +8 requires 2 White Titanite Chunks.
- Divine upgrade from +8 to +9 requires 3 White Titanite Chunks.
From +9 to +10
- Divine upgrade from +9 to +10 requires 1 White Titanite Slab.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
how a divine weapon help nito?
life saver for Nito's fight. I turned the occult club found in anor londo to a divine one and it made the fight a lot easier
any reason to put this on your shield?
Keep trying, Skeleton!
Don't bother with this upgrade. At 40 faith, Divine Claymore +10 will give you 186/333 AR, total 519 split AR. Meanwhile, lightning +5 will give you 257/257, total 514, at no stat investment, freeing up 30+ levels to spend on something else.
The only time this upgrade should be considered is if you already have high faith (40-50) for purpose of casting offensive miracles, and your str/dex are low. While weapons do retain a small degree of str/dex scaling with this infusion, if you go for 40/40 str/dex, you will see much better results uninfused than with any infusion (525 unsplit damage on claymore, blowing this upgrade out of the water).
Same thing applies to Occult, only their damage is shifted slightly (10 points) between physical and magic.
Is this only good for killing skeletons, or is it good for Faith builds? I wanted to make a heavy Faith build but idk if normal weapons are better
I recently upgraded my spear to a divine spear and I set off into the catacombs to explore there but the first skeletons I came across didn't stay down when I killed them. Is there something wrong with my spear or do I need to upgrade it more?
É possível passar a sunlight Blade na arma msm ela tendo Divine?
Some people say attribute upgrades don't carry to bow or crossbows. This is wrong, I have tested multiple light crossbows of equal phys (including additional) with normal arrows and gotten widley different results with different attributes, I tested every possible attribute with both light crossbows and longbows I wasted plenty of time doing so too. Anyway the point is it is all about the creatures resistance. Sometimes my +10 magic avylin does much more than my +15 avylin, and vise-versa . Importantly divine and occult for bows matter. Divine bows kill skeletons permanently when non divine won't (when the local necromancer is around) this is easily testable for anyone. Use a normal bow, kill it it comes back, don't move, switch to divine, it will not come back and you get your souls.
What's the best devine weapon for a dexterity build? Actually I would take the battle axe... Can someone help me?
accidentaly killed andre in my playthrough, PEPEHANDS HOW DO I KILL THE GHOSTS NOWWW
Skellingtons must die.
Great for killing skeletons... :)