Magic Ascension in Dark Souls
|Magic Ascension will add Magic Damage that increases Intelligence scaling significantly on each upgrade level and Magic defense of the shields but reduces scaling for Strength and/or Dexterity.|
Magic Upgrades are a type of Upgrade in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. They enable players to "Ascend" weapons and shields in a specific path.
Magic Upgrade path and Requirements:
Magic Upgrades for weapon and shield are performed by Rickert of Vinheim, found in New Londo Ruins. The Large Magic Ember is only required to get the weapon up to +10, since Rickert of Vinheim already has the ember required to upgrade to Magic +5.
Note that each upgrade level requires a number of souls that varies depending on the weapon.
- Regular upgrade from +5 to Magic +0 requires Green Titanite Shard to ascend.
- Magic upgrade from +0 to +5 requires 9 Green Titanite Shards.
- Magic upgrade from +5 to +6 requires a Large Magic Ember and Blue Titanite Chunk to ascend.
- Magic upgrade from +5 to +9 requires 7 Blue Titanite Chunks.
- Magic upgrade from +9 to +10 requires a Blue Titanite Slab.
From 0 to +5
- Magic upgrade from 0 to +1 requires 1 Green Titanite Shard.
- Magic upgrade from +1 to +2 requires 1 Green Titanite Shard.
- Magic upgrade from +2 to +3 requires 2 Green Titanite Shards.
- Magic upgrade from +3 to +4 requires 2 Green Titanite Shards.
- Magic upgrade from +4 to +5 requires 3 Green Titanite Shards.