The Crystal Ember is an Ember in Dark Souls.
Crystal Ember Location
- The Crystal Ember is found behind the bookshelves, in the same room that leads out and down to the crystal cave.
- Video Location Timestamp 31:49
Crystal Ember Usage
- Give it to the Giant Blacksmith to ascend +10 Normal weapons to Crystal weapons.
Crystal Ember Notes
- Crystal weapons cannot be repaired. Repair Powder is disabled and the Repair sorcery does not restore a crystal weapon's durability. The only way to repair a crystal weapon is to upgrade it. Upon upgrading, its durability is restored to maximum.
- Crystal weapons cannot be downgraded.
- The crystal equipment that Domnhall of Zena sells are not upgraded through the crystal path. They cannot be repaired, but have much higher durability.
- In most cases, a crystal +4 weapon will have greater attack rating than a normal +15.
- You can use the crystal halberd dropped by the first mimic in Anor Londo to obtain the Crystal Weapon trophy/achievement. Only 7 Titanite Chunks and 1 Titanite Slab are required to upgrade it to maximum.
- It is recommended that when you ascend a weapon to crystal only max it for the trophy/achievment. Its durability will be reduced to 10% of its original value. It will break very fast and it cannot be repaired with anything at all. It is impossible to revert your weapons, so once you ascend a weapon to crystal there is no going back. The scaling on crystal weapons is good enough you don't need to exceed +4 for it to be better than a regular +15. It is advisable to use weapons that drop from enemies or that can be bought.