Chaos Flame Ember
Chaos Flame Ember is an Ember in Dark Souls.
Chaos Flame Ember Location
- Found after beating Ceaseless Discharge, which is located right after the boss in Blighttown, Chaos Witch Quelaag.
- After you kill him, the lava will harden allowing you to walk to the area he was standing. The Ember is located in a pool of lava (not the item against the rock-wall), and is guarded by 7-8 or so Taurus Demons, so you better take them on one at a time.
- Use of the Flame Stoneplate Ring and the Flash Sweat spell is recomended, because you'll actually have to walk through the lava to get to the Ember. Also, the Gold-Hemmed Robe set provides great fire resistance, and can be looted from a corpse near Ceaseless Discharge.
- The Orange Charred Ring, dropped by the Centipede Demon, can be used to safely acquire the Ember.
- Video Location Timestamp 1:00
Chaos Flame Ember Usage
- Give it to Blacksmith Vamos to modify +5 Fire weapons to the Chaos path.
Chaos Flame Ember Notes
- Chaos weapons cannot be buffed.
- Chaos weapons will inflict damage depending on your Humanity level (max at 10 Humanity). The Humanity scaling decreases exponentially: the first humanity is worth more damage than the tenth. Bear this in mind.
- Chaos ascension also changes the fire damage to physical damage ratio; from 1:1 to approx 2:1.
- Exploiting the Dark Hand's R2 attack can give you a lot of soft Humanity, if you're worried about using up your reserves.