Great Chaos Fireball
Great Chaos Fireball is a Pyromancy in Dark Souls. To cast a pyromancy, you must use a Flame or Special Weapons that can cast Pyromancies.
Art of the Flame of Chaos, which engulfed the Witch of Izalith and her daughters.
The Flame of Chaos can melt stone, producing a short-lived lava glob.
- Short to medium range attack
- Hurl giant chaos fireball, leaving a large amount of temporary lava
- Joining Chaos Covenant (Corrupted Fire Keeper after Quelaag)
- Does not scale with Humanity like the description implies.
- Will only be given once when joining the Chaos Covenant and will not be given again on a second playthrough.
- This pyromancy is surprisingly effective in close quarters PvP. In addition to its large blast radius and high power with an upgraded pyromancy flame, the resulting lava tends to distribute in a rough circle around the point of impact. Thus even a near miss stands a good chance of momentarily trapping the intended target in lava. The lava also deals significant damage with an upgraded flame, is not soaked by a high fire resist shield, and slows or staggers anyone affected. At the same time, the caster (and any allies) ignores all effects of the lava, including both damage and the slowdown effect. Thus the Chaos fireball can be very effective at trapping a target, cutting off a retreat, or enabling the caster to have a few moments of free movement through the lava while the victim struggles.
- Although this Pyromancy has only 4 casts and costs 2 spells slots instead of the usual 1 for other fireball type Pyromancies, it can be worth the investment.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
10 years later and I still wish we could get a second copy…
This litteraly saved my ass today...
I am on my first playthrough.. and in sen's fortress.. first time.. pass all the traps, emerged on that roof where giants hurl bombs or something at you... and lo and behold i am invaded and things start exploding, at first i thought that the player is using some pyromancy or something ( only later i realized that the giants do that ).
So..didnt find the bonfire..yet.. full of souls, full of humanity.. and worst of all i would need to get past all those traps once again...
I run back and hide where the snake guy is sniping you when you are going past last of swinging blades on that narrow walkway before the roof...
I spent 4 level points on attunment to try out pyromancy, although i am play melee, first two for fireball.. then when i got this from chaos covenant i decided to try it out and spend 2 more points.. 4 points best spent ..ever...
Anyway.. player finally finds me ( he probably thought i would be at bonfire, but i didnt even find bonfire yet )...and charges at me swinging big ass sword.. i am thinking.. "thats it.. im done.. all that trek from blacksmith again.."... here goes nothing..switch to that chaos fireball and smack it right into his face.. ( it worked against hydra in ash lake...so i reckon maybe it will help here.. ).. he was pushed back, i think he even fell because i saw his name and health bar going down somewhere... i did not kill him because it didtn said that i banished invader but he returnet to his world few seconds afterwards...
This is the best "use in case of emergency" thing in this game i encountered so far... o:O ... i think im going to go donate all my humanity to white spitder lady.. she deserved it :D
If using this in PVP for close combat, 1) consider using black flame lol, 2) I found it best to un-target so that it hits the ground in front of you and then walk into it. The other player will most likely think you still are targeting them and move out of the way but instead end up walking right into it. It's perfect for finishing off the last bit of HP they might have.
Fireball: Hot cheeto dust edition
Welp... gonna need 4+ attunement slots.
I play DS1 on ps3 and it won't let me attune it into one of my slots. Any ideas?
I wish you could obtain multiple copies of this pyromancy with subsequent playthroughs...
I used it to defeat Lud and Zallen, the King's Pets.
One of the best spells in the game. Really makes me wish that each pyromancy had a chaotic form aka Chaotic Combustion