|Requirements & Bonus|
Chaos Blade is a Weapon in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
A curved sword born from the soul of Quelaag, daughter of the Witch of Izalith, who was transformed into a chaos demon. This blade inherits only the chaotic nature of Quelaag, and has a unique speckled design. Blade wielder erodes along with opponents."
How to Get / Where to Find the Chaos Blade
- 5,000 souls (each upgrade)
- 1 x Demon Titanite (+1, +2)
- 2 x Demon Titanite (+3, +4)
- 4 x Demon Titanite (+5)
Hints and Tips:
The one-handed Strong Attack is replaced by a dashing horizontal slash, and it eats 20 HP with every successful blow.
- Give to Frampt to receive 1,000 souls.
- You will take no self-damage while performing a backstab or a riposte.
- Special: Damage scales with Humanity
- Bleed build up is 36 per strike, and once inflicted will tear 30% of the opponents HP.
- With 40 Dex and 10+ Humanity, Chaos Blade +5 has an attack value of 450.
- With 50 Dex and 10+ Humanity, Chaos Blade +5 has an attack value of 455, proving how little of a difference in damage there is after 40 Dex.
- Its length and vertical slashing motion make this weapon ideal for cutting off tails.
- This weapon can not be enchanted with spells or items.
- If using this weapon for a short period of time, Replenishment or Bountiful Sunlight are ideal to counteract the damage you take while striking.
- Useful moveset (except strong attacks), fast swing speed and recovery with high attack rating and bleed make the chaos blade one of the best PvP weapons.
- Ring of the Evil Eye and Replenishment can be used for mitigating the health loss.
- Although it can do a thrust attack when pressing R1/RB while running, it won't receive a boost from
Leo's Ring, as it is not properly classified as a thrust weapon in game. Tested on patch 1.05 of PtDE.
Caution! With high Humanity and Dex it can dish out good damage, but it eats away at your Vitality with every successful blow (except back stabs and ripostes), and the R2 attacks are extremely slow. Be aware that you CAN die from using this blade - it will not stop draining your life regardless of your remaining HP.
Chaos Blade Upgrade Table
Demon Titanite weapon upgrades are usually for Boss Soul Weapons that are created at the Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo.
Regular Reinforcement Scales 85% for Dexterity to increase your AR.
To reach max, you need: 25,000 souls and 10 Demon Titanite.
Chaos Blade Humanity Effect Table