Master Key is a Key in Dark Souls.
Master Key Usage
- Reusable key that can open any door with a simple lock.
Master Key Location
- Thief class starting equipment.
- Chosen as a gift upon character creation.
- Sold by Domhnall of Zena for 5,000 souls, after he moves to the Bridge in Firelink Shrine. (Patch 1.04)
(Choosing this gift as a thief will result in the player starting with two Master Keys, which is pointless.)
|Area for use||Replaces||Unlocks|
|Undead Burg||Residence Key*||Residence, and a chest with 3 Gold Pine Resin, near the flaming boulder.|
|Undead Burg||Watchtower Basement Key||Shortcut to Darkroot Basin, guarded by Havel, below the Taurus Demon.|
|Undead Parish||Mystery Key||Lautrec's cell.|
|Depths||Sewer Chamber Key||Bonfire room, at the end of the Slime hallway, close to the kitchen.|
|New Londo Ruins||Key to New Londo Ruins||Shortcut to Valley of Drakes, next door to elevator exit.|
|Sen's Fortress||Cage Key*||Cages in hidden room behind sleeping guard, breakable by directing boulders. Free Logan and a Hero Soul.|
The keys marked with asterisk (*) has another use, for which the Master Key somehow does not work.
- Will not replace the residence key in unlocking the door (in the Lower Undead Burg) behind which Griggs of Vinheim is trapped.
- Will not replace the Cage key in unlocking the cage elevator on top of Sens Fortress.
| Archive Prison Extra Key | | Archive Tower Cell Key | | Archive Tower Giant Door Key | | Basement Key | | Big Pilgrim's Key | | Broken Pendant | | Cage Key | | Crest Key | | Crest of Artorias | | Dungeon Cell Key | | Key to Depths | | Key to New Londo Ruins | | Mystery Key | | Peculiar Doll | | Residence Key | | Sewer Chamber Key | | Undead Asylum F2 East Key | | Undead Asylum F2 West Key | | Watchtower Basement Key |