"Shield of a nameless knight, likely a high-ranked knight of Astora."
"One of the enchanted blue shields. The dragon crest shield greatly reduces fire damage."
- Valley of Drakes, right under the nose of a dozing Zombie Dragon.
- Video Location Timestamp 1:16
Hints and Tips:
- A boon for low-level Master Key havers, otherwise only available after a grueling trip through Blighttown, or by taking the elevator from the bonfire in Darkroot Basin.
- The Undead Dragon guarding the items can be easily dispatched at range using spells, miracles, or even a bow, if you have enough arrows and patience.
- Don't forget to grab the Astora's Straight Sword sitting right next to it.
- The choice fire protection shield for most, thanks to the scarcity of the superior Black Knight Shield and the impractical heft of the Black Iron Greatshield.
- A mostly okay shield otherwise, not worth the upgrade cost.
- When fully upgraded, it has 66 stability, two more than a fresh Black Knight Shield, also with three less weight.
Youtube relevant videos:
Dragon Crest Shield Upgrade Table
Unique Upgrades are performed by any Blacksmith or by using the Weapon Smithbox.
To reach max, you need: 10000 souls and 10 Twinkling Titanite.
Regular Reinforcement Scales 34% for Strength to increase your AR.