Aural Decoy is a Sorcery in Dark Souls. To cast a sorcery, you must use a Catalyst or Special Weapons that can cast Sorceries.
Sorcery used by playful sorcerers. Lure enemies away by creating a sound originating in the distance.
This spell is not the first choice for serious sorcerers, but it has a surprising amount of applications, some of them extremely effective.
- Support, Ranged
- Lures enemies away by creating a sound originating in the distance.
- The effect is similar to the Alluring Skull, but it affects a larger variety of enemy types.
- A laughing sound can be heard from the location of the impact, which will divert the targets attention and attacks toward it.
- When used against Shield and Spear Soldiers, they will often turn their backs against the caster, leaving them open to a backstab.
- Aural Decoy is helpful in the Tomb of the Giants when trying to obtain the Large Divine Ember from the room full of giant skeletons if using a bow/magic to take them out from safety.
- Aural Decoy is also very useful against the giant sentinels in Anor Londo, often disrupting their attack patterns and also causing them to turn around, which exposes them to easy attacks from behind.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
works against 90% of mobs in pve (even havel and black/silver knights), tons of casts. This is your ultimate cheesing sorcery you can get in the game.
Essentially, this spell deals more damage than crystal soul spear to regular enemies. It's extremely powerful
Lol, this is the suicide spell, shoot it at a wall (or any geometry) right above a pit and the enemies just jump at it, it's awesome in sen's fortress and blighttown.
The Giggling Spell
it works against something like 90% of enemies in PVE (havel, black/silver knights, giants, etc...). Considering its usefulness and number of casts, it easily hands down one of the best spell in the game. Alluring skull however work better against large groups of enemies (though a fewer number are affected by them compared to aural decoy).
If you just could decoy the lock-on targeting of players it would make it an interesting sorcery during pvp encounters, imagine how much in trouble would be casters and bow users.
The one true meta
I need to become a good witch so please let me use spells please
Worked for in the Bed of Chaos boss along with Lingering Dragoncrest Ring, boss did not tried to sweep me off. I literally walked towards it. Felt like a boss.
This is a sorcerers best friend, especially when facing the Capra Demon and his doggies. When you walk through the fog, instantly cast this and everyone will run for it, giving you time to run up for the high ground for a defensive. It also works on those lethal wheel skeletons.
Good for mocking after an invasion or dispatching an invader.
This is honestly amazing anywhere with a fatal fall, just cast over the cliff and watch enemies kill themselves
Works in PVP too, distracts the host so well the connection can't even keep up, stranger things have happened right? No, maybe not...
Do phantoms hear the sound of aural decoy when its cast by the host?