"The steel greatshield used by Knight Artorias, who succumbed to the Abyss. Artorias, deeply scarred by the Abyss, used this to form a barrier to protect his compatriot Sif. Although this drained the shield, its magic defense remains high."
- Upon falling through an illusory floor in the Chasm of the Abyss, you will see Alvina appear momentarily. She will lead you past giant Humanities to an illusory wall which hides the room where Sif is trapped. Clear the room of all enemies, then go back to Sif, who will then be able to warp away. Upon doing so, he will leave behind the Cleansing Greatshield.
- You can still free Sif and obtain the shield after defeating Manus father of the Abyss.
- Upgrading this shield will not raise Stability, only its Attack.
- Upgrades with Twinkling Titanite to +5.
- Artorias has a sect of strong followers that took upon his combative techniques and ways of fighting the Abyss named The Abyss Watchers in DS3.
Cleansing Greatshield Upgrade Table