|Requirements & Bonus|
"The steel greatshield used by Knight Artorias, who succumbed to the Abyss. Artorias, deeply scarred by the Abyss, used this to form a barrier to protect his compatriot Sif. Although this drained the shield, its magic defense remains high."
- Rescue Sif from the Chasm of the Abyss.
- Video Location Timestamp 2:00
- Upon falling through an illusory floor in the Chasm of the Abyss, you will see Alvina appear momentarily. She will lead you past giant Humanities to an illusory wall which hides the room where Sif is trapped. Clear the room of all enemies, then go back to Sif, who will then be able to warp away. Upon doing so, he will leave behind the Cleansing Greatshield.
- You can still free Sif and obtain the shield after defeating Manus father of the Abyss.
- Upgrading this shield will not raise Stability, only its Attack.
- Upgrades with Twinkling Titanite to +5.
- Artorias has a sect of strong followers that took upon his combative techniques and ways of fighting the Abyss named The Abyss Watchers in DS3.
Cleansing Greatshield Upgrade Table
Unique Upgrades are performed by any Blacksmith or by using the Weapon Smithbox.
To reach max, you need: 25000 souls and 10 Twinkling Titanite.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
This shield is very good, although there are better ones. It's my first time playing and I defeated Manus and Kalameet more by luck than skill, but this shield helped a lot, especially against Manus. If it had 90% physical damage reduction at least it would be more usable on other ng+, but it's not a bad shield
great shield in my opinion
Would be pretty good if str req would be around ~27 or phys reduction would be around ~95.
ah yes! the urban violence protection shield!
This shield is pretty ass. It's horrible physically and it's stability is low for a greatshield. It's got pretty good elemental and magic defense but there are better shields for those.
The Blacknight shield has way better fire defense and the Greatshield of Artorias has equal fire defense and more stability.
The eagle shield has better stability upgraded, better weight requirements, and better magic defense.
The stone greatshield also has equal magic defense and better stability.
Havels is good at everything of course
Really the only situation you'd use this is where you need higher stability than the crest shield and high magic defense smd you don't care about physical defense. but you also only have enough strength for this grestshield but not the stone greatshield.
That's incredibly specific
this is actually better than the greatshield of artorias because of decent stats round the board instead of high fire and physical at the expense of ltng and mag def
Would be a lot better if the Physical reduction was higher.
So is this how you get Sif to remember you when you fight her in NG+?
Great stats other than the physical DMG.
This shield also interacts with ghosts, much like the cursed version of the Greatsword of Artorias, making it quite useful, despite its other shortcomings compared to the Greatshield of Artorias version.
What's the difference between this one and the regular Artorias shield?
there is no illusory wall where alvina last disappear
If you killed Sif already you can still save him because you are in the past.
can I free Sif if I have already killed him/her ?
discrepancy on the page. Does it upgrade to +15 with titanite or upgrade to +5 with Twinkling Titanite?