Dark Wood Grain Ring
Dark Wood Grain Ring is a Ring in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. Players can equip up to 2 Rings, but equipping two of the same item is not possible.
- Changes your dodge/roll to a faster cartwheel-esque flip that covers more ground, but only when you're at 25% or less of your total equip load.(patch 1.06). Increases invulnerability frames from 12 frames to 14 frames; character recovers from roll faster from 12 frames to 8 frames. While flipping across lava you take (roughly) half as much damage from lava as you would when you would run.
- Drops from the ninja bodyguard that follows the merchant Shiva of the East in Darkroot Garden and Blighttown.
- You need to join the Forest Hunter covenant for the ninja bodyguard to appear.
- Attacking the bodyguard breaks the Forest Hunter covenant. This includes kicking him off of the ledge that he stands near.
- If the bodyguard dies and for some reason you don't get to pick up his soul, quit and reload game and his soul should appear directly behind the building Alvina waits in. Of course, if you kill him in Blighttown and are unable to pickup, you will find his soul where he was standing in that area, behind the little wall in the poison swamp.
- After killing the bodyguard only, you can absolve your sins, rejoin the clan and still buy weapons from Shiva.
- Rolling the right way over the corpses of lighter enemies while wearing this ring allows you to launch your enemies’ corpses into the air and down cliffs, which is a good way to relieve yourself from the boredom of farming.