Prepare to Die Edition for Dark Souls. Catchall list/page for new content and changes in the PC version. Please use the more comprehensive Artorias of the Abyss (Expansion) page instead.
- Eagle Shield - physical damage reduction to 95%
- Elemental weapons have lower AR
- Greatswords and Curved Greatswords attack slower
- Blocking drains more stamina
- Less stability increase in greatshields when upgrading
- Quelaag's Furysword - decreased fire damage -Stats are still the same 90/255.
- Strength weapons receive some hyper armor. - Only Abyss Greatsword confirmed. [need more info]
- Some shield types have deflection when used in PvP [need more info]
- Stamina consumption increased for spear/rapier attacks from behind a shield.
- Black Knight Greataxe has reduced damage [needs confirmation]
- Dark Wood Grain Ring - flip now applies when equip load is at or below 25%
- Hornet Ring - nerfed to 30% critical bonus
- Symbol of Avarice - slower HP degeneration [needs confirmation] -Still depletes 5 hp per tick.
- Elite Knight set - total poise increased to 46
- Mask of the Father - nerfed to 5% equip load increase
- Mask of the Mother - nerfed to 10% HP increase
- Mask of the Child - decreased stamina regeneration [need more info]
- Gargoyle Helm - increased drop-rate from Bell Gargoyle
- HCSM/HSM now do less damage [needs confirmation]
- Chaos Pyromancies buffed, humanity damage bonus is increased [needs confirmation] -Still doesn't scale with humanity.
- Critical hits do less damage. This includes riposte and backstabs.
- Medium roll is faster/all rolls have been buffed [need more info]
- Gravelords receive humanity when an infected player dies to a BP mob [needs confirmation]
- Changes to poise [need info and confirmation] - No obvious changes to poise.
- New warpable bonfires in: Undead Parish (above Andre), The Depths, Painted World of Ariamis (note that you cannot warp from this bonfire), Tomb of the Giants, Duke's Archives, Crystal Cave [additional warps to new areas also]
- Crystal Golem AoE attack inflicts Curse status. [this is also present in the console versions, but the duration of the effect is so short that it's easily missed]
- Reah of Thorolund no longer can be drained 12 humanity (with Dark Hand), she now has 0 - Not true. She can still be drained for 12 humanity. (tested once she moved to the chapel)
- Bottomless Box glitch removed
- Dragon Headstone glitch removed
- Spell switch glitch removed
- Prism Stone item duplication glitch removed
- Bow backstab removed
- Dropping of undroppable items (Estus flask, Dark sign ect.) can no longer be dropped.
- Dark Anor Londo NPCs no longer respawn
- Environmental lava damage increase
- Increased souls gained for killing certain enemies [need more info]
- In-game description of the Pendant fixed: "A simple pendant with no effect." "Even so, pleasant memories are crucial to survival on arduous journeys."
- Elizabeth - Merchant
- Marvelous Chester - Merchant - Black Phantom
- Lord's Blade Ciaran - Appears at the Artorias battle site after beating him. Trade Soul of Artorias for Dark Silver Tracer and Gold Tracer. Drops: Lord's Blade armor set.
- Hawkeye Gough - Must use Crest Key to unlock tower, from which he will shoot down the Black Dragon with his bow, allowing the player to fight it.
- Sif jr - Phantom.
- Sanctuary Guardian
Drops: Guardian Soul, Guardian Tail (cut off tail)
- Artorias of the Abyss
Drops: Soul of Artorias, Armor set must be purchased from Domhnall of Zena.
- Manus, Father of the Abyss
Drops: Soul of Manus
- Black Dragon Kalameet (optional)
Drops: Calamity Ring, Obsidian Greatsword (cut off tail)
- Obsidian Greatsword - Obtained by cutting off the tail of Kalameet.
Greatsword, Attack Type: Regular
Two-handed R2 does a large AOE blast that inflicts DPS and uses 50 durability per use.
- Guardian Tail - Obtained by cutting off the tail of the Sanctuary Guardian.
Whip, Attack Type: Regular
- Dark Silver Tracer - Gift/Drop from Ciaran.
Dagger, Attack Type: slash/thrust
- Gold Tracer - Gift/Drop from Ciaran.
Curved Sword, Attack Type: slash
Cannot parry while in offhand but retains offensive moveset except for running attack.
- Four-pronged Plow - Rare drop from scarecrow gardeners in the Royal Wood.
Spear, Attack Type: Thrust
- Abyss Greatsword - Ascend +10 Greatsword with Soul of Artorias.
- Stone Greataxe - Rare drop from Stone Knights in the Royal Wood.
- Gough's Greatbow - Gift form Hawkeye Gough after slaying Kalameet.
- Gough's Great Arrow
Can only be used with a Greatbow.
- Cleansing Greatshield - Found after rescuing Sif in Chasm of the Abyss.
Greatshield, Attack Type: Thrust
- Manus Catalyst - Ascend any catalyst with the Soul of Manus.
Halves castings, high mag adjust (>logans, <cystal), heavy melee attack.
- Oolacile Catalyst - Dropped by Bloated Sorcerers.
- Guardian set - Found throughout the Royal Garden.
- Artorias' set - Sold by Domhnall of Zena after killing Artorias.
- Lord's Blade set - Dropped by Ciaran.
- Gough's Armor - Dropped by Hawkeye Gough.
- Chester's set - Dropped by Marvelous Chester.
- Bloated Head - Rare drop from bloated resident.
- Bloated Sorcerer Head - Rare drop from bloated sorcerer resident.
- Calamity Ring: Causes the wearer to take double the damage from everything.
- Broken Pendant: Key to enter DLC.
- Silver Pendant: Blocks dark magic for a brief moment.
- Crest Key: Key to access Hawkeye Gough.
- Elizabeth's Mushroom: Healing item. Regenerates HP for 30 seconds.
- Purple Coward's Crystal: Multiplayer. Exit battle of stoicism.
- Carvings:Spoken Gestures:
- Hello - I'm Sorry - Very Good! - Help Me! - Thank You.
- Guardian Soul: Use unknown/no use, Can be consumed for 12,000 souls.
- Soul of Artorias: Ascend a +10 Greatsword with the Soul of Artorias to create the Abyss Greatsword. Give soul to Ciaran to recieve the Dark Silver Tracer and Gold Tracer.
- Soul of Manus: Ascend a Catalyst with the Soul of Manus to create a Manus Catalyst. Trade soul with Snuggly for the Pursuers spell.
- Black Flame (pyromancy)
Slots: 1, Uses: 8, Magic Type: Pyromancy, ReqParam: None
- Dark Orb (sorcery)
Slots: 1, Uses: 12, Magic Type: Magic, ReqParam: 16 INT
- Dark Bead (sorcery)
Slots: 1, Uses: 6, Magic Type: Magic, ReqParam: 16 INT
- Dark Fog (sorcery)
Slots: 1, Uses: 2, Magic Type: Magic, ReqParam: 18 INT
- Pursuers (sorcery)
Slots: 2, Uses: 3, Magic Type: Magic, ReqParam: 32 INT
- Optional New Sif intro. It only happens if you rescued him in the Chasm of the Abyss before fighting him in Lordran.
- A few new dialogue lines from Dusk of Oolacile.
- Battle of Stoicism - New PvP mode, that consists of an arena. To join, the player must first beat the boss Artorias the Abysswalker.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Patches usually come to nerf the game. Better then purchasing the physical copy of the game and play it without updating the system.
stone giants in the vanilla 360 version only give 300 souls