|Chaos Pyro Build|
This is a player-created Build for Dark Souls. If you want help making your own build, you can consult this useful page on how to make a build by Blaine.
- Build Name: Chaos Pyro Build
- Build Level: 120
- Build Focus: PvP
- Build Main Stats: Attunement / Resistance
- Link to Dark Souls Calculator: Add link here.
The right-hand weapon will be one of two weapons depending on your fighting style. You can use either the Chaos Gargoyles Halberd or the Chaos Bastard Sword.
However, the base power of the Chaos Gargoyles Halberd +5 is [270 / 0 / 270 / 0] where as the Chaos Bastard Sword +5 is [245 / 0 / 245 / 0]: That is [Phys / Mag / Fire / Ltng].
|SL 50||SL 80|
|Right 1||Chaos Gargoyles Halberd +5 / Chaos Bastard Sword +5||Chaos Gargoyles Halberd +5 / Chaos Bastard Sword+5|
|Right 2||Pyromancy Flame +5||Pyromancy Flame +5|
|Left 1||Silver Knight Shield +5||Silver Knight Shield +5|
|Head||Royal Helm +10||Royal Helm +10|
|Torso||Giant Armor +5||Giant Armor +5|
|Arms||Catarina Gauntlets +5||Cleric Gauntlets +10|
|Legs||Antiquated Skirt +5||Steel Leggings +10|
|Ring 1||DarkWood Grain Ring||DarkWood Grain Ring|
|Ring 2||Ring of Favor and Protection||Ring of Favor and Protection|
|Slot 1||Great Combustion||Great Combustion|
|Slot 2||Great Chaos Fire Ball||Great Chaos Fireball|
|Slot 4||Toxic Mist||Toxic Mist|
|Slot 5||Fire Surge||Fire Surge|
|Slot 6||Acid Surge|
|Slot 7||Great Combustion|
The following are the SL120 Builds. Note that the only difference from SL80 to SL120 was finishing Vitality @ 40, and upping the STR and DEX statistics.
|Right 1||Chaos Gargoyles Halberd +5||Chaos Shotel +5||Chaos Great Club +5
Chaos Great Sword +5
|Right 2||Pyromancy Flame +5||Pyromancy Flame +5||Pyromancy Flame +5|
|Left 1||Silver Knight Shield +5||Silver Knight Shield +5||Silver Knight Shield +5|
|Head||Giant Helm +5||Giant Helm +5||Balder Helm +10|
|Torso||Giant Armor +5||Giant Armor +5||Giant Armor +5|
|Arms||Giant Gauntlets +5||Giant Gauntlets +5||Cleric Gauntlets +10|
|Legs||Antiquated Skirt +5||Antiquated Skirt +5||Antiquated Skirt +5|
|Ring 1||Dark Wood Grain Ring||Dark Wood Grain Ring||Dark Wood Grain Ring|
|Ring 2||Ring of Favor and Protection||Ring of Favor and Protection||Ring of Favor and Protection|
|Slot 1||Great Combustion||Great Combustion||Great Combustion|
|Slot 2||Great Chaos Fireball||Great Chaos Fireball||Great Chaos Fireball|
|Slot 4||Chaos Storm||Chaos Storm||Chaos Storm|
|Slot 6||Fire Surge||Fire Surge||Fire Surge|
|Slot 7||Acid Surge||Acid Surge||Acid Surge|
|Slot 8||Toxic Mist||Toxic Mist||Toxic Mist|
|Slot 9||Great Combustion (second spell)||Great Combustion (second spell)||Great Combustion (second spell)|
|Slot 10||Toxic Mist (second spell)||Toxic Mist (second spell)||Toxic Mist (second spell)|
- This build takes some time to get all of the right equipment. Specifically the Gargoyle's Halberd and Chaos Ember. Also, farming for the red titanite isn't fun but the build is worth it.
- Farming for the Gargoyle Halberd is best done by killing one of the bell gargoyle bosses, pick up the item he drops (if any) and pray. If it does not drop, quit the game via the start menu and reload until he drops it. Either gargoyle can drop it and neither of them have a better chance than the other to drop it. Also, you do not have to cut off the tail to receive the halberd.
- At some point, you must join the Daughter's of Chaos covenant to earn the better pyromancies and you will need to sacrifice 30 humanity to receive the Chaos Firestorm Pyro.
- It is easiest to farm the red titanite chunks once the shortcut to Lost Izalith has been opened and this is done by sacrificing the 30 humanity to the Daughter of Chaos.
- The pyromancies can be changed to fit the way you like to play. The Firestorm spell isn't as powerful as it was in Demon's Souls and therefore could be sacrificed to open up two more slots. The more Great Combustion you have, the better so load up on consecutive playthroughs.
- Acid Surge works miracles against Katana (Dex) builds however timing is crucial; you only get one shot.
- Using the Toxic Mist or Acid Surge is best done after a successful backstab. Using Toxic Mist immediately after the backstab almost guarantees they will be poisoned.
- If you are facing a dagger build, don't go easy on the Great Combustion when they get close. The halberd is decently slow to attack and opens you up for the backstab. Pyromancies, specifically Great Combustion, are the keys to beating them.
- Two handing the halberd gives you, with obvious attack bonus, a faster attack. With such high defense, a few hits here and there are not going to kill you.
- In fact, if you prefer to two-hand the halberd, using the Grass Crest Shield in your off hand will up your stamina regeneration rate.
- You could also put the Pyromancy Flame in the left hand allowing you to use either attack form, very quickly, back to back.
- For the pyromancies, feel free to change these up depending on how you play.
- With 10 attunement slots, organization is the only problem. Being able to switch to the spell you need while fighting takes practice so sometimes doubling or tripling one or two of your spells can condense them and make them more manageable.
- Please feel free to leave me any comments or questions about the build.